Well, here we all are - dressed in our Sunday best (Christmas t-shirt,
shorts and sandals) off to do this Christmas eating thing.  Have sussed out
the map and found an alternative route, altho my mum is not going to be able
to get to where she was going to go - but that's bushfires for you, they
don't look at the calendar - although the clowns who lit them knew what day
it was and what they were doing.

I made some special icecream but that is staying home - if we get held up,
then I DON'T want to be in a car with two litres of icecream melting on a
dish!  Doubt it will be missed tho as there is always enough to feed the
starving masses of Africa ...

The fire situation has worsened across the state but don't be alarmed as
there have been no reports of anything but countryside going up in flames so
far ...altho the Australian bush thrives on fire it is hard on the animals
so as well as the emergency services people giving up their day, many of the
wildlife people are out too.  So if you are into prayer, say a special
thanks to all those volunteers, both here and there and where you are, who
put their hands up on days like this.

Hubby is tooting the horn so I think that means I am supposed to go ... last
year I forgot the pressies, wonder what it will be this year!
More later
Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian