I started receiving this virus email in November at home and then in
January, I received it twice in one day but this time it was on my computer
here at work.  I sent information to our systems department and they told
me not to open and to delete it (without opening).  I told them that I had
read on a listserv that it sends itself to your address and then it can
locate and send to others others in your address book based upon who you
send email to--even without opening the virus email.  They didn't seem to
believe that it could do this, but I was merely relaying information.

This past week, the systems department has sent a message that no one
should open any message from HaHaHaHa that states in the subject line Snow
White and the Seven Dwarfs.  They have also told us that the virus is not
within our system but that it is using our email to contact those who WE
contact.  (Which makes us a carrier if we don't open it.)  I haven't had
the time to research it but I'm afraid that those we contact may be
infected or infecting us (sort of like a cold virus).  I don't open
attachments or even mail, if I don't the person or if I'm not on a listserv
where I think I might be "protected" from this type of virus.   Although I
know that you never really know if you're protected from viruses anywhere.

I don't know if this helps much, but I think the wise thing to do (as my
systems coordinator stated)...."Practice safe computing!"  Don't open
emails with attachments if you don't know the person.  Delete, delete,
delete.

Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor / Librarian

Mary L. Williams Curriculum Materials Library
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, Oklahoma
bshonda@okstate.edu
405-744-9769