Hello, these are the responses:

1.Even though I am in a K-8 school, I have 2 teens at home.  I am
currently working with our 7th graders on the following skills.  They
have not had a librarian before and my focus for 7th and 8th grade will
be on bibliographic (esp. citing electronic resources), research skills
and  especially evaluating web sites for authority.  We ar not automated
yet (even if we were we couldn't afford a LCD projector!) so I have a
zillion OH's,but I feel it is so important  This seems to be what HS is
comprised of for kids - finding information.  We are reading Holes and I
let them pick out ANY related topic that is of interest (lizards,
nailpolsh, athletic shoes, shovels..) and do a short research project
(short paper, model...).  I told them that my priority is the
bibliography using 4 resources and it must by a web site, CD-ROM and 2
other.
I found that in my first year I have ASSUMED that students (even lower
grades) already had certain skills, but they don't...such as using an
index, table of contents, even a dictionary.
-----------
2. the only way to teach library skills to high school students is
through a research project
----------
3. check out some of these sites.  I find with 9-12thgraders that they
need help in efficient, discriminating searching on the web.  They want
to plunge right in, but they need tools and procedures to maximize their
searches.   http://www.ala.org/teenhoopla/    From the American Library
Assoc.  http://lib.nmsu.edu/instruction/eval.html  Good stuff on how to
evaluate
what you find.  http://www.infosearcher.com/  Terrific all-purpose
librarian site from Pam
Berger.
----------
4. In our school we do a sequential skills program that ties in with the
curriculum and is research based.  9th gr. -  Orientation to LMC,
checkout young adult lit. and write short report on author (teaches them
to use various reference books and to use automated card cat.), For
social studies
they learn to use the a lmanac , SIRS database  and books for country
reports.  10th grade - I-Search (short report focusing on the
bibliography and finding a variety of resources).  11th grade - Adds on
the the previous. 12th grade - Research papers and author criticisms.
All along various
classes have research projects and we use that time to introduce a
variety of resources.  Using data bases to find articles in periodicals
is one that we do often.
---------
5. I work in a high school 14-18 year olds.  We integrate library skills
into the English and Literature classes.  We do a scavenger hunt using
all the different areas of the library, the unit we focus on during our
hunt is The Holocaust.  This unit helps the students learn about the
library in an authentic manner, and helps the English department with
the gathering of information on a major research project!  Hope this
helps!
---------
6. "Practical Steps to the Research Process for High
School"  Deborah B. Stanley
"Research It! Write It!"  Diana Barnett
-----------
7. We simply do a power point presentation to our freshman.  The
presentation includes general rules, how the library is set up, and how
to search for their desired information.  Then we get more specific when
classes come into research.  For example, right now we have a freshman
class coming in to research careers.  We give a presentation on the
first day not good places to start looking for information on their
topic.  We also go over the general rules of the library.
---------
8. your HS program should include a review and an expansion to whatever
you taught in your Middle School grades.  It should also be  more
curriculum orientated, not general searching skills, which should be
covered in the lower grades.
------

These were all the responses I've got.  Thanks alot.

TIA
Claudio Laferla - Librarian
St. Martin's College
Middle/High School