The most popular title suggested was Math Blaster with four votes.

Below is the breakdown and other comments.

Products:
Math Blaster - 4
Jump Start Math 4th Grade - 1
Number Munchers - 1
Troggle Trouble Math - 1
Treasure Math Storm - 1
Speedway Math (an Apple IIe program) - 1

In my searching for sites, I came across this very cool site:
http://www.mathfactcafe.com/
You can choose to generate random fact pages, limit to specific numbers to
practice, missing numbers, go by grade level, skill taught, and print off
practice sheets or work online. Our daughter has already had fun doing
some of those.

Other suggestions from LM_NET folks:

Try going to http://www.evalutech.sreb.org
They have a wonderful searchable database of software.  It should give you
some ideas.

have you tried constructing the 'old-fashioned' addition
and multiplication tables. I was (and still am not) a good
practical math person (theory yes, though) and I found that I
could remember the 'facts' more easily if I built the tables
myself. Just looking at the stuff never did it. Maybe your
daughter is more tactile in her learning style for math. So,
while you can help a bit, she has to do all the writing and
thinking.

Hi ... have you tried plain old fashion rote memorization?  Repetitive
drill.  It worked when I was in school, way back when (I still recall
reciting the times tables in unison and completing timed worksheets to
test progress), and it has astonished me that it was dropped in favor of
the assumption that kids will absorb that material by osmosis.
Unfortunately, in the effort to rid the schools of what might have been
inappropriate rote memorization or to make use of trendy electronic
methods, they seem to have dropped rote memorization where it was -- and
is the method of choice.

I remember having trouble as a third grader learning my times table. My
grandmother was visiting and quizzed me every day. I still remember my
times table the best. It was easier when I could see patterns like with
the nines table. 18, 27, 36, 45, etc.

Have you tried Yahooligans Math instead of CD's?  I did a search for a
parent interested in math web sites and found some good ones under
Yahooligans that address all operation fact exercies.

Thanks to all who responded. Looks like I'll be getting Math Blaster this
weekend.

Blythe

                        Blythe Allison Bennett
                Virtual Reference Desk Network Coordinator
                    Information Institute of Syracuse
                          Syracuse University
                         blythe@ericir.syr.edu