Dear LM_Netters:

I have received the Snow White Worm five times at home, once in French
even, and NEVER at school where my LM_Net account is.  I have never opened
the attachment.  My ISP says this about it:

>To the best of our knowledge, no one has become infected unless they
>opened the attachment.  We've had a few customers swear they didn't open
>the attachment, but after close questioning, they usually admit that it's at
>least possible that another family member may have opened it.  So, we
>still have no proof that anyone has ever been infected by just receiving
>and deleting the message.
>
>What the worm does (it's not really a virus) is upload your address book
>to it's database somewhere out on the internet, then has the infected
>computer download a list of e-mail addresses from that database to use to
>send the worm to.  That's how you get it, someone who has you in their
>address book got infected and so your address got out on the net that way.
>
>You can DEFINITELY get infected with Eudora IF you open the attachment,
>but Eudora and Netscape's address books will not be uploaded.  Only
>Outlook Express is susceptible to that.

Let's all continue to be vigilant about attachments!

Judy

Judy L. Meadows
K-12 Librarian
Verona R-7 School District