Hi Lm_Netters, We are running the latest version (4.12) of Follett's Circ +
on a Mac. Since we have only one computer for purposes of circulation and
cataloging, we are constantly going back and forth between circulation desk
and cataloging. During the busiest part of the day,  the computer will
sometimes freeze and often the tones indicating overdues, successful
checkouts, etc. will stop working until I restart the computer.  Follett's
tech support has offered a few simple solutions, such as deleting the
preferences folder and reinstalling the program. They've also suggested
running Norton Utilities and restarting from the Norton CD. Our district
tech person said that this is only a short term solution, if it works at
all. According to Follett, this is not a common problem. Since the other
middle school in our district is having the same problem, I'm wondering if
others are as well. Also, it may not be related, but we are running
Macintosh manager on all computers. If you have experienced this problem, I
would appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks,           Judi