Which companies do you prefer, and why? I'd prefer you send your reply to
the list, so that this is a discussion, not a Target.

***********

I am in a small district with three other librarians. We made a list of the
vendors we use frequently. Those are the catalogs I keep. Everything else I
dump or pass on to someone else. No one has time to read them, and they take
up much space, and if you need info about a product most companies have a
web site.

Books:  I love Follett, they love Baker and Taylor. (B&T may be cheaper. But
the Follett guy comes to visit, answers any questions I have, fixes my
problems, and gives me free stuff. To date I have never seen a B&T guy. So
Follett gets my business)(And if you are a B&T rep, please don't call me
cause you just read that!)

Supplies: We all use the Library Store, and occasionally Highsmith, and
Upstart and Demco.

AV: We have one repair guy we really like, who even stocks bulbs at cheaper
than the catalog prices. He comes to the building, and looks at each piece
of equipment, and is quite honest about what is worth fixing and what to
keep for parts. And there is a company in Kansas we have been getting
overheads from. Can't remember their name.....

We use Tersch for laminating film after someone did a price comparison. They
send free gifts, too. Once we got binoculars, another time a case for a
laptop!

It's great when I call the AV guy or my Follett rep and they actually know
who I am.

Hope this helps you.

Karen DeFrank