Hello school librarians, and our favorite friend, Et Al (who is always
willing to help in the composition of books and research projects) ...

In an effort to continue our policy of continuing policies...  8-)  ...
Peter indicated it might be worth a shot to help out...

I have placed a *secret* place on the moniz.org site just for special
situations over equipment and expendables that seem to accumulate over
time and end up being of no use whatsoever...  SECRET (no, you don't
need a security clearance to go there) because you can only get there by
clicking on the link below, typing it in yourself (it is case
sensitive - so type it exactly), and once you arrive, bookmark the spot
for future visits (it is not linked from any other places on the
moniz.org site - just to keep non-librarians away)...and in an effort to
keep personal info personal - well, just among the 13,000 of us
librarians anyway...!

Okay, so just what *is* it?
Well, it is a spot where swaps, trades, and giveaways of equipment and
expendables one might no longer need is listed (is that a convoluted
sentence structure or what?!) - maybe I've had too much time on my
hands, and my brain is decomposing!  8-)
If you have pieces of equipment or expendables you no longer need or can
use and just want to get rid of it, send me some specifics about the
equipment, and I'll post it on the site... those who visit then might
contact the person listed to make further arrangements to swap, trade,
or receive the items.  I have two categories so far - equipment (serial
numbered items) and expendables (supplies and such)...

Equipment requires:
**Item:** A short description of the item (Apple IIe computer);
**Condition of the item:** Operational (OPN) or Needs repair (NR); and
**Point of Contact (POC):** Name, phone, email address.

Expendables requires:
**Items:**  A brief description of the items and the associated
equipment (i.e., color print ribbons for an Epson impact printer);
**Number of items:** The number (or quantity) of items and the brief
details of the arrangement (i.e., 7 rolls; I'll pay UPS delivery in
US/Canada); **Point of Contact (POC):** Name, phone, email address.
[[If you would rather not post your name and phone here, at least supply
your email address to permit the viewers to contact you directly...
I don't want to end up being an email handler when computers do their
work just fine without my intervention, thankyouverymuch...]]

The POC information will only be available to those who have received
the URL from one of us... there isn't any way for a person just browsing
through the moniz.org site to stumble across the pages (unless s/he just
happens to type articles, library, and swap_center in the proper
sequence - and what are the chances of *that* happening, eh?)...

So, visit the site ... if you have something that is just taking up
precious space, and you'd rather not throw it into the trash, post it on
the site for a couple of week and see what comes up... someone just
might want to take it off your hands... it isn't costing anything... in
other words, it's FREE.

I am the listing agent ONLY - I'm not to be involved with the
negotiations or arrangements, PLEASE!

http://www.moniz.org/Articles/Library/swap_center.htm

I'll keep on it and try to update as often as I get new items to list...
I'll try to keep the lists in alphabetical order (or maybe by the POC,
so all items from the same person are listed together???) ... interval
between updates no longer than a week...

And finally, if anyone has any ideas on how to improve the site, please
let me know... I do have the capability of using a search function, so
maybe once the list gets to be more than 30 or 40 items long, I'll
insert the search function...

Those of you that know me understand I'm just trying to help ... no
personal gain sought ... other than the notion that Earl J. is just a
sweetheart and an all-around nice guy ... 8-}

Aloha y'all ... Earl J.
Librarian of Fortune
Web-based at www.MONIZ.org
Reality-based at Fayetteville, NC