Thanks to everyone who wrote to help me understand what happened to my web
site of links.

My web site reappeared. It can now be found in two places:
http://geocities.com/libths/links.html
http://www.geocities.com/thslib452/internetjl.html

I had received the notes below from others on the listserv, and they must
be right:

Hi ... I have reason to believe that Yahoo has had intermittent database
problems (I have seen indications on message boards I follow -- boards
unavailable, intererupted access, missing posts). That could explain the
problems you have encountered, if the same database management software is
used in connection with the free user web pages. If so, there is probably
no near-term fix -- only the hope that the company can acquire more robust
software.
Feel free to quote this comment to the list if you wish.
Regards,
Ken Umbach

-----------------------

The following is a quote from someone on another listserv with a similar
problem:
"That is my former web site which Yahoo! Geocities killed in late
October claiming it violated their Terms of Service. They refuse to tell
me how that could be and refuse to  reinstate it...four years of work
down the tubes. I believe it was a software glitch on their part as
others had the
same thing happen to them but Yahoo! refuses to take any responsibility
whatsoever."
Several other people complained about their pages being yanked by
geocities. You may have to go to Yahoo! Geocities people and find out
what happened.

HTH
Martie Mullenbach
MSLS UNC-CH, NC

Linda Strauss, Librarian lstraus1@optonline.net
  Tottenville H.S. Library
  100 Luten Ave, Staten Island, NY 10312
  (718) 356-2220 ext 2054

  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a
  listening ear, an honest compliment on the smallest amount of caring - all
  of which have the potential to turn a life around
  --Leo Buscaglia