Colleagues:

Hope you will allow this very provincial Midwesterner (who's only been east
twice and then never north of Myrtle Beach) a summertime off topic query.  I
will be visiting my son who is interning in Philadelphia this summer at the
end of July.  We plan to spend one weekend in New York City and the other
somewhere else.  Originally we had thought about Washington, but the more I
think about it the more I think I would rather opt for scenery over city.  So
I was thinking we would rent a car and leave Friday afternoon.  I think
driving through the Brandywine area and seeing Longwood Gardens sounds good.
Then by early Saturday afternoon I would like to be at a beach somewhere.  I
was thinking of Cape May and it looks like Chesapeake Bay would also be
reachable.  So what do you who have been there think?  We don't want Atlantic
City type glitz just beachcombing, maybe some flora and fauna, atmosphere and
good seafood.  Where would be a good place to stay that's nice but not
exorbitant? I checked out some of the Bed and Breakfast spots in Cape May on
the Internet, but we need a place with two beds obviously but not necessarily
two completely separate rooms.

And to bring it back on topic, I'm going to be using the Ocean as a yearlong
theme in the library next year, so I'll be looking for ideas and decorations.

Paula Neale, LMS
Ingels Elementary School
Kansas City, Missouri
plneale@aol.com