I am working on an ERIC digest for deep web/invisible web resources for
kids. Does anyone have great resources you already point your student to?
Any primers about the deep web you might want to suggest? I am interested
only in free resources, nothing requiring a subscription.

If this is a new term to you, the deep web, or invisible web can be
described as the information existing online in databases that search
engines don't dig into when they bring up results. For example, the ERIC
database at:
http://askeric.org/Eric/
is a huge database (although of little interest to K-12 students) but if
you do a search on Google for full day kindergarten, for example, you
wouldn't get any of the hits you would by searching the ERIC database
(over 100 hits).

I will post a hit of results I hear from you, and I plan to have the
digest done by the end of the year and will post a note letting you know
when it is up online with our other digests.

If you are not familiar with the ERIC digests, especially from the
Clearinghouse on Information and Technology (library science topics are
all handled here in Syracuse), check out the new ERICIT web site:
http://ericit.org/

Blythe

                        Blythe Allison Bennett
                Virtual Reference Desk Network Coordinator
                    Information Institute of Syracuse
                          Syracuse University
                         blythe@ericir.syr.edu