Many thanks to all who sent great suggestions for fiction titles for my
6th through 8th graders.  I know more titles will be coming in, but here
is a hit of what I've received so far.  Happy ordering!

www.halsted.org/MIM.htm (from our great friend, Frederick Muller)
Rice Without Rain by Ho
Under the Blood-Red Sun by Salisbury
Merlin series by T.A. Barron. The newest title is Wings of Merlin
Castaways of the Flying Dutchman by Brian Jacques
Tuck Everlasting
Hatchet
The View from Saturday
Baboon King
Far North
Heart of a Champion by Carl Deuker
On the Devil's court   by Carl Deuker
Painting the black by Carl Deuker
Barbara Parks books
Someone is hiding on Alcatraz Island - Eve Bunting
Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan
A Long Way from Chicago AND A Year Down Yonder - both by Richard Peck
The Wreckers AND The Smugglers  - both by Iain Lawrence
Bud, not Buddy - Christopher Paul Curtis
The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn -  Doroty and Thomas Hoobler
Green Mango Magic - Sylvie Adams Hossack
The Squire's Tale - Gerald Morris
AND books by Will Hobbs (exciting adventure stories)
I Spy.... (a set of books that students look at to find objects; an
educational CD-Rom game that focuses on
Language Arts, Thinking Skills, Problem Solving, and Creativity. From
SCHOLASTIC)
Spirit Seeker by Joan Lowery Nixon
Holes by Louis Sachar
The Everworld set by K.A. Applegate
The Spirit House and Others See Us by William Sleator
Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers
The Lost Years of Merlin set by T.A. Barron
Any title by Gary Paulsen
Any title by R.L. Stine
Someone was Watching, by David Patneaude
Turnabout by Haddix
Among the Imposters by Haddix
A Choice to Cherish by Alan Maki
Matilda Bone
Joey Pigza Loses Control
The Wanderer
A year down yonder
The Barn Burner
Stuck in Neutral by Terry Trueman
Turnabout by Haddix
You probably have some of these already:
Holes - Sachar
Last book in the universe - Philbrick
Zack files (series) - short & easy but my 6th graders love them -
Greenburg
Ella Enchanted and others in Princess series - Gail Carson Levine
Hobbit & Lord of Rings Trilogy - with the movie coming out you'll need
extras.
Look at THE CURE b y Levitan
ELLA ENCHANTGED, by Levine
SILENT TO THE BONE, by Konigsburg