>Date:    Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:26:10 PDT
>From:    Peggy Miller <peggy_miller@USA.NET>
>Subject: La Canada Elem. School Book found
>
>During our locker cleanout, a book from La Canada Elementary School Library
>was found. I have no address for you. Please email me with address, and I=
> will
>return The Glory Girl by Betsy Byars.
>Peggy Miller, Librarian Las Vegas High School  Las Vegas, NV
>peggy_miller@usa.net
>
>Peggy Miller, Librarian, Las Vegas High School
>peggy_miller@usa.net

Peggy, and others.. a good place to locate this type of info is to type
the name directly into a search engine, as in "la canada elementary
school" or into White Pages type website.  You can also use the US
Geological Survey GNIS (Geographical Name Information Service) site
(http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis/web_query.gnis_web_query_form ), as I
did.

 Typing in "La Canada" and type = school (the form is not for keywords,
you have to search like an index)

 produced three hits, 2 for Elem Schools and one for HS:

La Canada Elementary School, Los Angeles County, CA
La Canada Elementary School, Santa Barbara County, CA

 unfortunately, now you would have to plug this info into either a search
engine or an white pages type site to get an exact address, but this
gives you a jumping off point.

Suzanne (Weinheimer) Ng, Librarian
South Orange - Maplewood School District, NJ
email - sng@somsd.k12.nj.us
home: suzanne@whatexit.com
http://www.southmountain.somsd.k12.nj.us