A huge thanks to all who replied to my question about student use of images from
the internet.  The Fair Use sources recommended below seem to concur that students
may use pictures from the internet if 1) the fully cite the source and 2) they use
no more than 5 works from one author and less than 10% or 15 works from one
collection.  I've included my original message below followed by the responses I
received.