To Tina and others who may feel they need a new start. I've been there.
Here's how I recovered and now LOVE my job - and I teach 25 classes a
week k-5.  First:  Hold off on that research!  get yourself and your
library established as a fun place to love literature! Let the kids get
to know you and you them. Relax, enjoy them. Read picture books and
folktales that are exceptional and alluring each week - even to older
grades.  Share your enthusiasm of books!  Second and VERY important:
Choose some sort of a monthly them to keep your own enthusiasm  interest
and focus up.  (Nov = Native american stories, or Dec = folktales, March
= travel to other countries and cultures, etc) Decorate the library with
the monthly theme, all grade levels will be immersed  You will be
building the difficulty of the literature with each grade level.  Third:
Once your focus and interest are renewed - clever and neat ways to tie
the research and location skills will show themselves, You should never
be ina position of shoving skills down kids throats.  Let it happen with
the conclusion of a GREAT story that leads into it!  There is no end to
what you can do with the wonderful selection of picture books that are
being published!  I wish you luck.
Patty Melville MLS
pittsfield, MA elem schools
tunas3@bcn.net