Here's what I just mailed off to bridges.com:

I'm sorry you got so much flack from librarians about the "Slack Job of =
the Week" on librarians.  I just read the cached article via google.  I'm =
a librarian and I actually liked the article.  Though it does not give a =
fully accurate view of the job, much of it was true, and I felt like it =
would encourage young people to enter the profession. I'm sorry they no =
longer have easy access to the article.  Perhaps you could do more =
research, get a more complete and accurate picture, and write a new one.  =
If you do, it would be best to distinguish between school librarians, =
public librarians, library clerks, library technicians, etc, etc.  There's =
a world of difference.  For example, earning a Masters in Library and =
Information Science to work in a public or special library and earning a =
teaching credential and a library services credential to work with =
students as a "teacher-librarian," are totally different ball games.  I =
know.  I've played them both.

Vickie Rabourn
Los Osos Middle School Librarian
San Luis Coastal USD
San Luis Obispo County, CA

"And he reads to them, as he does every night,=20
as if watering them, as if turning earth at their feet."
                                                       --James Salter      =
           =20