Here is some additional information that is quite useful.
Ann

I missed your initial post but want to share some info about our
situation
with you. We have around 800 students with laptops.  Those with older
laptops which have to use ethernet cables to connect to the network pose

quite a safety risk. When we get 100 or so girls in our building with
cables
trailing all over the place it is a nightmare.

The newer laptops with wireless connections (I just love mine) have
given us
all so much freedom - children can move from group to group and between
levels in our multi storey building without shutting down their
laptops.  I
am able to take my computer directly to where a girl is working to
demonstrate or share something with her.

It is just so liberating to get rid of the cables.

We are a dual platform school - parents choose whether to lease a
Toshiba or
Mac for their daughters.  Wireless works well with both platforms.

The downside is that when 20 or so kids connect to the network through a

wireless station the speed of access gets fairly slow in comparison with

cables which don't share network connections.

--
Ann M. Martin
James River High School