Dear Netters,
I started my research a while ago, but am now nearing a due date without
enough hard budget figures to complete it as accurately as I’d like.  I have
requested from certain companies price quotes for a “budget” project I’m
doing for a graduate course in Libe Science, but I have either not received
vague.  (Maybe because I’m not actually a customer yet.)  Can anyone give me
realistic numbers I could use for writing a budget that includes these
expenditures?  No need to answer all the questions—just as many as are easy.
My imaginary middle or high school has 1000 students, 10 internet search
stations at which I’d use the given software
1)      1 year membership in OCLC
2)      annual license for Follett circulation system  (please tell me the
number of stations you have)
3)      service contract for Follett circulation system
4)      training for a “new employee” to learn Follett (please describe
length of training)
5)      Groliers’ encyclopedia on-line for one year
6)      Ebsco Host for a limited number of search stations (please tell me
the number you pay for)
7)      Networked access to Ebsco Host for entire school’s computers
8)      On-line access to Ebsco Host for at-home use by entire community,
parents, etc. via password
9)      How much do you budget for “equipment” like lightbulbs for overhead
projectors, etc each year?  Is $500 enough these days?

I know this is a twist, but I am especially interested in figures from
people from international schools outside the US, but will take anything I
can get.  Thanks in advance,
Margaret Carpenter
Library Science student at Longwood College
davidcarp@firstva.com