Hello,

My name is Chris Saenger. I work at the Aegean Center for the Fine
Arts on the island of Paros in Greece. We are a US 501(c)3 non-profit
despite our overseas location. All classes are taught in English to
mostly American students. I am trying to start a small art library
here, more or less from scratch. The Aegean Center admits between 10
and 25 students per semester, so the library will be a modest one.
Being very small, the Center has a very small budget which means that
I am first looking for grants and other financial support for
starting a library.

I apologize if this message is too general for this list. The Center
needs a general art library (books with nice reproductions of
paintings etc.) but also needs technological support to teach digital
photography, color theory and the like. In a perfect world (with a
perfect budget allotment) the Center would like to purchase 5 or so
late-model Macintosh laptops that could run the latest version of
Photoshop, Colorblind and other digital imaging software.

Can anyone suggest organizations that make grants for library
development, especially internationally? Technology-related
grantmakers would be especially helpful. Has anyone done this sort of
thing before and have "how to" suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Chris Saenger
Aegean Center for the Fine Arts
Paros 84400