Thanks to the many who sent e-mails.  Some asked for a hit so I copied and
pasted them here. I hope I didn't miss any.

Judy Knudsen, retired librarian
Lynden High School
Lynden, Washington
kanudsenj@home.com

http://www.lemoyne.edu/library/plagiarism.htm

Plagiarism

> 1.      http://www.findsame.com
> Enter a sentence or two and the site will search the Internet using a
> specially designed technology. You can use the site but for its maximum
> capabilities, it costs money.
>
> 2.      http://www.plagiarism.org
> Sign up for a free trial -- submit your class papers and the system will
> check it for originality.
>
> 3.      http://www.canexus.com
> Essay verification engine - sign up for a free trial.
>
> 4.      http://www.integriguard.com
> Plagiarism detection service - has a section to search for free; you can
> pay for the full service.
>
> 5.      http://newark.rutgers.edu/~ehrlich/plagiarism598.html
> Contains a great deal of information on plagiarism, has links to articles,
> and has a software package for purchase.

Sites for Finding Research Papers
> The following sites are searchable by topic; then, you must pay for the
> paper. Many of the sites will allow students to request a custom paper for
> a higher price.
>
> 1. http://www.schoolsucks.com
> 2. http://www.homeworksucks.com
> 3. http://www.cyberessays.com
> 4. http://www.freeessay.com (has links to other research paper sites)
> 5. http://www.genuispapers.com
> 6. http://www.papermasters.com
> 7. http://www.paperwriters.com/intro.htm
> 8. http://www.research-assistance.com
> 9. http://www.superior-termpapers.com
> 10. http://www.termpapers-on-file.com
> 11. http://www.bignerds.com
>
> Free Cliff Notes Sites
>
> 1. http://sparknotes.com/
> 2. http://www.pinkmonkey.com
>

> Using Search Engines to Detect Plagiarism
>
> 1. You can use a search engine to detect whether something has been
> plagiarized. In any good search engine (google, altavista, etc.), type a
> sentence or phrase that sounds incriminating. The search engine will
search
> for the phrase.
>
> 2. In Yahoo, type "Paper Databases" for a list of more research paper
sites.

> Professional Resources
>
> 1.      http://www.ipl.org/teen/aplus
> Step-by-step guide to researching and writing a paper.
>
> 2.      http://www.kalama.com/~zimba/integration.htm
> Includes sites that publish student writing, lesson plans, cheat sites and
> plagiarism, evaluations sites, research, etc.
>
> 3. http://www.plagiarized.com/index.shtml
> Instructors guide to Internet plagiarism - "helps teachers determine if a
> given piece of academic work has been obtained from the Internet."

Combating Plagiarism
> http://www.ncusd203.org/central/html/where/plagiarism_stoppers.html

> If you go to this page
> http://sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us/~imcftp/librarianpgs.html and scroll down to
> the Plagiarism links, you may find one that you can use.

Both Hotbot and Google's advanced search allow you to search for entire

http://www.gananda.org/library/mshslibrary/plagiarism.htm  and click on the

http://www.turnitin.com/  another fee-based site with a free trial.