My original TARGET message was:

 Our PTA has a wonderful reading incentive program called 'Good Books, =
Good
 Times' for our grade 3-5 students.
 They provide a list of several hundred recommended books, including Ca=
ldecott
and Newbery Award winners.  The list currently in use was provided by N=
ew York
 State (we think...no one truly knows the origin of it) and we want to =
UPDATE
IT!

 I'm looking for any already-in-existence lists of books for grades 3-5=
 which
include excellent books, preferably with some newer material.  Any sugg=
ested
resources for this?
Thanks so very much for your time.

 Julie Masterson-Smith, Librarian
 Honeoye Falls-Lima school district, Honeoye Falls, NY
 Julie_Masterson@hfl.monroe.edu

I had started gathering award lists and ran across this list of lists
 http://childrensbooks.about.com/cs/stateawards/index_2.htm

 Since most are annual awards, there are plenty of new reads here!

 Below is a list of national awards. Many are non-fiction. Doing a sear=
ch
 with terms in quotes should pull up these on net.  I do have this list=

 with explanations and links set up as a page. Be glad to send as
 attachment if you want. Just let me know.

 Some start lower (like 1st grade) and some go higher (8th) but all cov=
er
 all or some of the 3-5 grades.
 List start:

 ALEX

 Best Books for Young Adults

 Michael L. Printz

 Outstanding Books for the College Bound

 Reluctant Young Adult Readers

 Evergreen Young Adult Book Award 2001 List

 Jefferson Cup Awards

 The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books-1999 Blue Ribbon-Ficti=
on

 Boston Globe?Horn Book Awards

 Notable Children's Books

 The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books-1999 Blue Ribbon Pictu=
re
 Books

 Newbery Medal

 SCOTT O'DELL AWARD FOR HISTORICAL FICTION

 Boston Globe?Horn Book Awards

 Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award (WCCPBA)

 The Sasquatch Reading Award

 Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People

 Orbis Pictus-NCTE

 The Pura Belpr=C8 Award

 Young Reader's Choice Award (YRCA)

 Notable Children's Books in the Language Arts Grades K-8

 Society of School Librarians International. Book Awards

 Outstanding Science Trade Books for Children
 Grades K-8

 Robert Eiffert, MAE&HD
 Librarian at Image Elementary
 http://www.ima.egreen.wednet.edu/library.html
 Elementary Librarian BLog
 www.crypticmachinery.com

Hi,

 California Department of Ed. just updated our recommended literature
 list for K-12.  Take a look at

 http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/literature/index.html

 It is organized in such a way that you can search by various factors
 including grade levels, ...

 Hope this helps,

 Amber Claflin
 District Library Media Teacher