I am Sorry to reply to the whole list but I deleted too fast.

Several years ago I had to teach 4th, 5th, & 6th grades about how to
find thing in the catalog, parts of the different catalog cards and
types of cards in card catalog (Main entry, subject, author, title
card). I had more than one school for which this had to be done .  I
mention this because what I did might be too time consuming to make for
just one class or just one school.

I made 2 different types of activities.   For the parts of a card I
made cards for books that were in the library (ones that didn't
circulate too much) . Since I usually had about 35 students per class
(Any where form 25 to 40 ) , I made  about 25 parts of a card puzzles
and let 2 students work together.  The base card was  about 15 inches
tall and 25 inches wide.  I printed on the bottom part of the card
(notes through add entries.)  Then on different colors of construction
paper I printed the parts I wanted the students to recognize and place
correctly on the card.  example the call number was in red, the authors
name was blue, title green, place brown, publisher pink, copyright gray.
pages orange, illus purple  size  aqua.   I laminated all these pieces.
Then we discussed parts of cards  they did an exercise from in classroom
from English text which had parts identified and they labeled.  I had
several identification sheets sometimes  identify what the purple  piece
was.     Some times what is part A.    Some times what is the title of
book from your card.  Title is what color.

Each main card was numbered and each piece for the card was given the
same number with a letter card 1 had pieces  1a 1 b  etc  this made it
easier to kept track which card the pieces went with.  ( On all the
cards the pieces were the same color.  I had extra piece also that I
might use which had subject heading or added entry or extra title piece
for title card then they not only had to identify parts of card but what
kind of card.    The students placed the parts of the card on the main
card in the correct as they should appear on the card.  They were easy
to check to see if they were correct because of the color coding.  If
your card was in correct order and if I was using the identification
sheets the sheets were done  the students took the call number and the
title from the card and went to the shelf to find the book.  I had the
students use the title as a shelf marker and bring me the book to see if
it was correct.  After making the cards you knew what titles went with
the call numbers.  If a book was not there then the student too me to
there shelf marker and I checked to see if they had placed the shelf
maker the title where the book would be shelved.
These cards were used for several activities.  I did have to caution
the students not to tear off the call number from the actual cards in
the card catalog as that had happened.  I don't really think it happened
because of the exercise but rather laziness.

the kids seemed to have a good time putting the cards together and
getting the books from the shelves correctly.  Those that finished
quickly got to work word seeks for Newbury books or  Caldecott puzzles.

the other cards sets I made were large cards 21 inches x 35 inches
Again found some cards set that had lots of parts  M  I usually had
about 6 cards in each set a title  main entry , author card, 2 subject
cards, title card, added entry  First I had groups alphabetize the cards
then group by group they line up as they would be in the catalog. First
group got up and the other groups had to decide if they were in the
correct order, then  I had varies ones identify what kind of a card it
was sometimes  the person holding the card had to tell what kind card it
was and how did they tell it was that kind of card, sometimes different
people from the other groups would be asked to identify the type of card
and how they knew.   Some times we looked for the books on the shelf.

In both these exercises the kids got to move around and talk so it
could get loud for part of the time.

Good luck.

Sally  S.  Ellis
Library Media Processing Coordinator