Thanks, everyone who took the time to respond to my request for general
travel sites suitable for secondary students planning travel.  As you
can see from the compiled list below, I got some great suggestions!
Thanks again!

Tish Carpinelli
Lower Cape May Regional H.S.
Cape May, NJ
carpinelli@lcmr.capemayschools.com

Try expedia.com, orbitz.com, travelocity.com or travelhub.com.  Also,
mytravelco for cruise lines.  Hope this helps.
I have some travel sites linked from this page:
http://www.n-polk.k12.ia.us/pages/departments/media/travel.html
travelocity.com
I found several helpful sites through a search of
IxQuick.com in regard to your request on LM_NET.  I
have selected the ones that may help the most.

This site is geared toward American business
travelers, but addresses many topics, including
security. Numerous links:
http://www.state.gov/www/about_state/business/business_travel.html

The following site gives information regarding
passports, foreign entry requirements, travel warnings
and advisories as well as how to find contacts for
assistance while overseas:
http://travel.state.gov/

A summer program for students wishing to study and
travel abroad:
http://www.goabbeyroad.com/

This one was designed for British citizens, but
contains helpful information:
http://www.fco.gov.uk/travel/
Have you checked out ricksteves.com?  Rick Steves writes travel books
and
has a travel show on PBS called Europe Through the Back Door.  He has
great hints for economical travel with sights to see and shortcuts to
lots
of things.  We used his books for a month-long trip to Europe a couple
of
years ago, and thought it was wonderful information.
www.igougo.com has some great travel journals, tips, etc. for various
places around the world.  I like the variety of viewpoints offered.
Fodors  http://www.fodors.com/  Travel  Countries
Travel  http://www.wtgonline.com/start.html     Travel  Guides
Virtual Tourist II      http://www.vtourist.com/vt/     Travel  Guides
Oregon Road Conditions  http://www.odot.state.or.us/highways.asp