Thanks so much to everyone who responded.  I'm sorry this is a partial hit list of
the responses I received. But, all were very similar. Thanks again.

I'm currently a K-7 private school librarian; before that, I worked as a 6-8 middle
school librarian and a public librarian. I love elementary school! Positives are
the kids--still sweet and excited about library time; fixed schedulling; lots of
storytelling and fun activities; fewer reference questions! :) Negatives are the
kids--sometimes very hyperactive and can have discipline problems; not enough time
to do everything; too much paperwork and computer work; etc. On the whole, I'd
highly recommend it! But I'd also suggest you get out in an elem. library with a
good librarian and spend some time there, doing various aspects of the job. I
realized I needed to work with small children when I visited a friend's K-3
library, and she sat me down with Dr. Seuss and a group of kindergarteners. I was
in love! :) Good luck to you--hope this helps! Louise C. Leonard Solomon Schechter
Day School Library Jacksonville Jewish Center Jacksonville, FL Lhurst1054@aol.com

After teaching 10 years I left the classroom and moved into the media center. I
have 50% flex scheduling in a 2-3 school. I love it. The classroom was getting very
small. I will admit that the flex scheduling is part of the glory. I only teach
half a day any day. A lot of technology fills in the other half. good luck amy
alligood media coordinator tayloe elem amydoug67@hotmail

I always tell people that I have the best job in the school. I work with every
student, teacher, and staff member who has kids in other schools but are helping
with homework and research projects. The kids come to me not only with school
assignments but also with questions on subjects of personal interest. There is
something new every day. Since most of us are 1 person libraries, there is a lot of
admin and clerical work that takes up time away from 'people' jobs. These are the
oh so necessary nuts and bolts that make the library work, but that users don't see
and some teachers kind of resent all the "free time" the librarian has. I do not
have parent conferences and I do not give out grades. Big plus in my opinion. (BTW,
give my regards to Nancy Zimmerman, if your paths happen to cross.) Jill Brown, LMS
Nardin Academy Buffalo, NY buflib@yahoo.com

Teresa W Linbarger, Branch Manager

Lander Memorial Regional Branch, Williamston, SC

teresalinebarger@yahoo.com