Hello,
Here is my original question and the answers I received.

Hello,
I was wondering if you could provide me with titles of General Travel
Magazines that are worth reading for the High  School age group.  I have

looked in Library Journal for reviews and have not had a lot of luck.
TIA.

Shannon

Answers:

Some of our students really liked BackPacker. I discontinued it, but
they
are requesting it again.

I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind but I got a complete set of

state travel books from our local AAA.  They seemed glad to give them
to me
and both the students and teachers are using them to plan and to dream!

National Geographic Traveler is great, and so is Frommer's Budget
Travel.  I'd stay away from Conde Nast -it's a bit of a fantasy!

I like Budget Travel by Arthur Frommer .  He does a good job of being
inclusive to all people promotes getting to know locals and talks about
hostels which is a fun and cheap  way for students to travel.

We've used "Vacations" and "National Geographic Traveler".

What you want to look at is:
Magazines for Libraries, 10th edition
Bell Katz and Linda Sternberg Katz
pub. by R.R. Bowker, 2000

Thanks you so much for the reponses.  If more come, I will add them to
the Hit.

Shannon
--
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
        Work like you don't need money