Hi Folks--

Here''s my hit on my request for Steve Martin's "King Tut" song, which you
may want to use with the new Joanna Cole book, Ms. Frizzle's Adventures:
Ancient Egypt (Scholastic, 2001). I'm amazed at how fast everyone responded
and with such interesting search strategies. Thanks so much for your help!

Judy Freeman

Children's Literature Consultant

"Book Talk" Columnist, Instructor Magazine

65 North Sixth Avenue

Highland Park, NJ 08904

732-572-5634

BKWSSF@aol.com

KING TUT HIT:

Great idea! LOL! I'm almost certain that King Tut is on at least one of
Doctor
Demento's compilation albums. If you search Amazon.com  for Dr. Demento, I
think you can then see a track-by-track listing. In any case, good luck!

("Got a condo made o' stonah!")

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The "King Tut" song is on the CD called "A Wild and Crazy Guy." You can

order it from Amazon.com fror 8.99.

I don't know about an audiotape of King Tut. There are
2 videotapes that have King Tut. Only one of them has
the whole song. (The 15th Anniversary Special video,
by Starmaker Entertainment claims to have King Tut but
it's no more than a minute long.) If you think you
could make an audio of the video I describe below
(maybe it's available on DVD and a better quality
recording could be made) ...
The VHS tape is The Best of Saturday Night Live ISBN
1-56068-708-8. It has 3:01 worth of King Tut.
Copyright 1993 by Starmaker Entertainment, Eatontown,
NJ 07724.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I have the CD with King Tut.  It's Steve Martin: A Wild and Crazy Guy.  I
think if you contact a CD store, you should probably be able to find a copy.
  Good luck!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

<<  <A HREF="http://www.half.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1744758">Click here:
Half.com: A Wild & Crazy Guy</A>

half.com  has it in stock- it's on his Wild and Crazy Guy CD.  half.com is
part of e-bay and deals in non-collectibles, and in a storefront rather than
an auction format.
I buy/sell on them on a regular basis.  Great place.  It's putting my
daughter through college.
Guusje in Houston
who is old enough to remember that skit and can't get it out of her mind now.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I don't have the words to King Tut, but your Egyptian theme reminded me of a
song by the Bangles called "Walk Like an Egyptian".  It's pretty peppy and
could be interactive as well.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If you can't find that one, how about "Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Steve Martin's song, "King Tut," is on the "Let's Get Small" album.  You can
purchase this from Amazon or CDNow.  The following site will link you to
Amazon and CDNow plus provide you with a copy of the lyrics.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/4656/lyrics/30martin-steve.htm

Hope this helps.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

I attended your presentation in Grapevine a year or so ago, and I am still

using so many of the things you shared with us!

Yes, I remember Steve Martin's act on SNL - you can get a copy of his

performance on VHS from Amazon.com for $10.99.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

..is available on one of the Dr. Demento collections.. I think it was the
20th anniversary one.

@@@@@@@@@@@

I hope you can play this on your computer, STEVE MARTIN'S KING TUT from SNL.

Film: Steve Martin King Tut Skit

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film_info/0,3699,2408125,00.html

http://www.ifilm.com - The Internet Movie Guide >>

@@@@@@@@@@@

Have you tried downloading it from audiogalaxy.com?  They might have it.

@@@@@@@@@@@

I did a Google search on "King Tut" and "Steve Martin" and found this:

A Wild & Crazy Guy
Steve Martin / Audio CD / Released 1989
 Buy this from amazon.com!
 Buy this from CD Now!
Track Listings:
1. I'm Feelin' It
2. Philosophy/Religion/College/Language
3. Creativity In Action/I'm In The Mood For Love
4. Wild And Crazy Guy, A
5. Charitable Kind Of Guy, A
 6. Expose, An
7. Cat Handcuffs
8. You Naive Americans
9. My Real Name
10. King Tut

at:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/4656/lyrics/30martin-steve.htm

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I'm sure you're getting lots of replies but here's my contribution:
Audio CD: A Wild and Crazy Guy (Steve Martin) available from Amazon.com for
$8.99.
Hope all your conferences go swimmingly!

"King Tut" is on the Dr. Demento 20th Anniversary CD.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000032MK/qid=1003977070/sr=2-2/ref=sr

_2_11_2/002-7553629-7828840
or jusr search Dr. Demento under Music at Amazon.com.  It the 8th track on
disc 2.

How do I know this?  My 15-yr old is a big Dr. D fan and I hear it
constantly.  Maybe the public Library has a copy.  Ours does.