Hello Everyone,
A hit was requested.  Suggestions were to use MicroWarehouse (2),
NiceElectronics (2), Troxell, Best Buy, Circuit City (2), Office Max,
and Amazon.  I am surprised at the wide range of prices!  Hope this
helps someone else too!
Thanks!!

I've used Microwarehouse in CT and been very satisfied with their
education pricing.

The TROXELL catalog has a package deal with case for $949.99. (It says
it lists for $1,219.90) No
shipping. It is order #TC-901028 and you can contact them at
800-578-8858 or www.trox.com.  I have gotten several things from them
and have been very pleased.

We got a good deal from MicroWarehouse.  They are on the web at
microwarehouse.com.  If you are really brave you can order through
bizrate.com.  It is a good site to find the place with the lowest price,

though some of the companies are unfamiliar.  You have to be careful
too, that they are including all the "stuff" that comes from other
places, like batteries, straps, battery chargers, etc.  Some of those
places look like they have great deals and then charge extra for
necessities like those.We use their prices for leverage for bargaining.

I bought our media center's Sony Mavica from niceelectronics.com...great
price and customer service.

We have 2 mavicas here.  I have bought them at Circuit City and Best
Buy.  I was going to buy another one at Office Max because they had a
sale where you got the case and accessories free but I missed the sale.

I purchased that camera at Circuit City.  It was one week after it came
out.  It is an awesome camera, and I love it.  I paid 950.99 for it
(this included the $50.00 rebate.)  I plan to purchase a camera for
school, but I think I will look for a less expensive, extensive model.

You might be able to order it online through Amazon.  They have an
option to "pay by check".  You can follow the online ordering process up
until you get to the last step and just NOT actually submit the order at
that time.  You will be able to print out a summary of the order,
including shipping cost, and attach that to a PO with a note to your
business office saying " Order must be pre-paid.  Please contact
librarian before writing the check, so she can submit the final order
electronically, and verify the exact amount, in case of a price
increase."  My district is quite happy to do that and it works out
perfectly when I want to get a book really fast.

I got a good price on a Sony Mavica last year through Nice Electronics,
and they take purchase orders.  They are on the Internet at
http://niceelectronics.com

Wendi Colby, LMS
Northwood, NH
wcolby@coebrownacademy.com