Hello,
Despite the fact that I've been told to shut up by one person on this
list I have to say something about this.
1. Laurie Oakes is considered by some, only, to be a well-respected
weekly television current affairs presenter. depending upon your
political viewpoint.
2. The Immigration minister's words are not primary sources. They are
politically motivated opinions. Barbara's plan here might allow you to
understand the Australian governments position, but only from a
standpoint of utter political bias.

There are no facts presented in this interview.

Facts are thin on the ground on everything written on this issue.

Go to the United nations site and read about Human rights and refugees,
instead of reading our newspapers and other media. To put this as merely
a question of the 'right' way to migrate here and how many migrants
countries take is to miss the most vital point in this whole issue -
human rights.
Letting me know how useful a lot of people find the original lesson
plans only tells me I'm in a minority on this topic, but it doesn't make
me wrong.

Someone told me they loved their country despite being discriminated in
it. Well I love this country too, but it doesn't mean I can't criticise
its government. And it wouldn't mean I couldn't criticise it to my
students either.
Jenny

--
Cheers,
Jenny Campbell, unemployed teacher librarian