---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:30:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Blanche Woolls <bwoolls@wahoo.sjsu.edu>

With great sadness, we have learned that Diane Pozar lost her valient
struggle with cancer on Tuesday, September 4. She had been in the hospital
in January, but returned to be her usual chipper self, remaining in her
own apartment and sending newspaper clippings "You might be interested in
this" messages.

Diane was one of the most courageous persons anyone could meet. She fought
for her rights when her medical group thought that she no longer needed
emotional help with terminal cancer. She continued to mentor her students,
her friends, and her former professors. She remained active as a volunteer
at the Monroeville Public Library helping as a greeter or in the
children's room. But, best of all, she was a friend and while we will miss
a crusader, a mentor, a volunteer, most of all, we will miss a friend.

For all of us who knew her, she made such a big difference in our lives.
If you would like to share your thoughts with her sister, the address is
        Mrs. Carol Chernega
        202 Truxall Road
        Apollo, PA 15613

or send an e-mail message to me (bwoolls@wahoo.sjsu.edu) and I will print