At my school we have 2 options -

Individual or pairs of younger students have a "transit" hall pass they
wear/carry - all the teachers seem to have them - Free AOL CDs on cords
<grin> with "Library Pass" written in marker.

The teachers have created their own system of business-card sized passes for
3rd-5th graders that include a note "please let me know how I've behaved in
the library" with a 1-5 scale (5 being excellent). I circle the applicable
"grade" before they leave. If they don't get it circled, the teacher knows
something was "up."  They're thrilled when they get a 5, and show it to
everyone they see! If someone really acts up, I just send them back early
without their classmates and the teacher can deal with further discipline as
necessary.

Cheers,
Jennifer Burke
Centennial Place Elementary School