Sorry for my tardiness in getting out this hit, I completely forgot!  Thanks for
your help!

You can get up to speed at http://www.projectorcentral.com/ You really have to
identify, how and in what situations this machine will be used, essentially
determining the most demanding situation. In a classroom, in which you can control
light a low end model will do. Large audiences require better optics and more
lumens.

In the state of Michigan, most equipment purchases are handled through a state-wide
bid system of the REMC's (Regional Media Centers). Items on the REMC bid list have
been evaluated and recommended for purchase. Currently we have the option to
purchase off this list a Toshiba TLP 261 data projector that includes a document
camera as an added feature. The lamp brightness is 1500 lumens and it is estimated
to last for 2000 hours. The cost of the unit is $2,349.00 for educators in our
state. I am seriously looking at acquiring one of these units. Good luck with your
search!

Go with a reputable brand, 1000 lumens at least for classroom use, morefor
auditorium (2000+) Most have all sorts of connectors, so youshouldn't have any
difficulty connecting to VCRs and computers.We purchased the Epson Powerlite 50 for
about $1,800, I saw it at OfficeDepot for $1,600. Nice, bright, not too big. We
also purchased a Proximathat turned out to be a lemon, but the company eventually
replaced itand it has worked well since.Please check educational prices. $2,500 is
a lot of money to pay for oneprojector and you might be able to get two (2) with
that kind of moneyif you shop carefully.

Philips C smart is $2000 and a great buy because the bulb is guaranteed for6000
hours.  We bought 6 last year and everyone loves them.  They have goodsound,
sturdiness, zoom, place to lock them down to a cart, etc.  I did alot of
investigating before we purchased and they were the best by far.  Ican't remember
our vendor--it was mail order and they were excellent.  Ifyou decide to get one,
write again and oh I just thought of it  AlternativeView--I'm sure you can google
them and get their web site.

We have 3 Canon LCD projectors: 2 - LV5100 and 1 - LV-X1 and they were all around
$1800 each. Call Doug at Thomas Computers 1-800-621-3906 and tell him I sent you.
The 5100 has been replaced by the X1 now in their product line.
http://www.canonprojectors.com/ will take you to Canon's description. We _really_
like them. They are lightweight and simple to use. They come with their own
(soft-side) case. All my department heads want one for their depts. Actually, they
want one for their own classrooms first, then one for the dept. but hey, what's a
few dollars more. I don't like the price of replacement lamps, but it's in line
with what other manufacturers charge for their LCD replacement lamps. --

I'm in Georgia and we have a "State" contract price list for items that the State
agrees we schools need and for which a list of vendors for these items is provided.
The vendor I've dealt with has been Glenda Brady with Southern Business
Communications - I've never had a problem with the company or the equipment. My
school has bought 14 digital lcd projectors from SBC over the last four years and
they are all still working.

Oh yeah -- just purchased an Epson PowerLite 51c projector (it's $1699at almost all
places, but found it for $1599 +tax since I'm in CA at theLA Computer Center) --
oops, sorry about that, that price is no longeravailable. You might try
ProjectorCenter in TX --http://www.projectorcenter.com/Epson.aspI used this
projector "on loan" this summer in my Chemistry class and itworked great.-- We
purchased a projector from Lightware.com.  It is a very lightweightprojector and
very portable.  We are extremely happy with it.  We boughtit a year ago and it was
about $1800.00 including the carrying case.

I have a very small Sony in my building that we use in the downstairs computer lab.
I remember it was about $2200 a couple of years ago. I am not sure of the model but
if you would like to persue it farther let me know and I can get it for you.

We have the InFocus and they are about $2500. but well worth it. They work well and
are easy to use.