Thanks for the prompt responses. I received several emails the day I posted
my request. You are AMAZING!!! It made my day to get such a speedy
resolution to an irritation. In an imperfect world, it's wonderful to have
the support of caring, intelligent people. To summarize, yes, it is possible
to print out class lists of patrons and barcodes, but you need Follett
Version 5.0, with fonts, installed.

Under Patron Maintenance, Circulation, Patron Barcode List...

Am assuming that you are talking about the Windows version of Follett...yes
you can print class lists of students with barcodes. If you have the DOS
version of Follett, you do not have this capability.

Go to REPORTS

Select Circulation Reports Tab...Choose PATRON BARCODE LIST

Then customize by going to SELECT BY
            (choose how you want your list...I usually do by classroom)

Then PATRON TYPES (you have to un-highlight the ones you don't want)

Then go to STARTING AT & ENDING AT (if you want just one class the selection
will be the same in both of these)

This should give you a list of patron names grouped in the way you want
along with scanable barcodes next to the names...we will be using this at
our circulation desk...

On my version you can print actual barcodes by going to the reports
icon. Click on the circulation tab and select the patron barcode report.
Click on replacement or new barcodes and select your start and end
barcode numbers.

If you have Follett for Windows 5.0 then you can print a list of kids
and their barcodes from the report module (circulation section.)

The only trick to this is that you have to have the fonts installed off
the CD that your software came on from Follett.  It needs to be
installed on the computer you are using to print the barcode list.
Originally I hadn't installed the fonts so I had to go back and do that.
No big deal to do it.

There is a Follett Web page:  http://www.fsc.follett.com/
One of the frequent contributors on the list serve, Follett Talk,  can be
accessed through this URL:  http://www2.lft.k12.la.us/kb/default.htm
Her name is Kim Bergeron and she has given me so much help on various
issues.  She might be willing to help you or you might find what you're
looking for on her web page

Try this address to get to the page where the listserv and free upgrades
are mentioned. http://www.fsc.follett.com/help-desk/

www.fsc.follett.com
you can do searches and look at frequently
asked questions without having support
agreement.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Sue Adams