Hi all;

For those who have expressed interest in teaching overseas, there was an
article in our newspaper today about the new procedures for applying to
DoDDS. All applications will be online. Now is the time to get an
application in. If you go to this web site
http://www.odedodea.edu/pers/employment/application/index.htm and click o=
Apply here you will get the online application.

Teaching for DoDDS is a wonderful experience. I know that many have some
concerns about being outside of the U.S. with the current situation. I
would have to say that I feel just as save here as I would there. The loc=
al
host nation communities are extremely supportive plus the U.S. military h=
as
safeguards in place around the schools. Many people come to DoDDS for jus=
a few years and some come after retirement in the states  to stay for a f=
ew
years. =

I would also add that I know there will be retirements in the DoDDS
librarian ranks now and in upcoming years. That will mean openings. I do
feel, HOWEVER, that I need to put this caveat; no one can promise a certa=
in
location. While you can make a preference in your application, there is
also a change you will be offered a less desirable area with possibility
for transfer later. =

Anyway, hope this is of interest.

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School