Dear Netters,

As part of one of my MLS classes, I designed a website for my church.  Now I
am ready to find a host for this website.  I need some words of wisdom,
please.

Our church has about 55 members, many elderly and on limited incomes, and a
budget of about $15,000 for 2002.  We cannot afford to pay for a host.  This
is my first experience as a "webmaster" and frankly, I find the word pretty
funny as applied to me, but we are actually pleased with the site.  Part of
it is an activities calendar, so it would be very useful to have it up and
running.

I have already done some searching through Google, but am unable to find
anything suitable.

1.  What host do you recommend/not recommend?  Reasons?
2.  Are there any free host servers that don't have ads?  Or only have ads a
church could live with?  We're pretty mainstream, not fundamentalist, but we
don't want to offend anyone.
3.  Should I use an alternate email address for mail sent to me from the
site?
4.  Since I have no experience with this, what have you learned the hard way
that I should know?
5.  If you would like to look at the page and give me any feedback, that
would be great, too.  Currently it is located at
http://venus.twu.edu/~g_denning/.  It is for "Blank United Methodist" because
it's still on the TWU server.  It's in pretty large print because we have so
many older folks.  I will not have a board page on the actual site because of
privacy concerns, but I had to have 5 subpages for my class.

TIA,

Cindy Denning
TWU MLIS student
Once and future librarian