Folks,
        Before Christmas break I had requested sites for conducting local spelling
bee contests.  It was requested that I post the hit list.  Following is a
summary of the replies.
        Thank you all for your help!

I don't know a website, but contact the Christian school in your area and
see if they participate in the Christian national spelling bee.  There is a
spelling list of 100 words for each grade.

In Houston, our local newspaper, the Houston Chronicle, sponsors the
spelling bee.  It is part of a nationwide competition.  I would suggest
that you contact your local newspaper, or the major newspaper in the
nearest large city.  The Chronicle's Education Department provides
materials, etc. for the spelling bee as well as other valuable resources
for the schools in the Houston area.

Believe it or not, Scripps-Howard's national spelling bee website is
                www.spellingbee.com.
They are the newspaper chain that publishes the Memphis Commercial Appeal,
among others, and they direct the national spelling bee.
On the website you should find the official rules or at least some contact
info. They publish a little booklet every year called "Paideia" which
contains spelling lists, and they will send it to you for $1 or so. The
Commercial Appeal usually has info about it too.

Rosemarie Mier
Marquand-Zion R-VI School District
Marquand, MO