I'd want to know if the library schedule is fixed or
flex.=A0 This would prepare you for how your time would
be organized.

I'd also ask about librarian inclusion on curriculum
teams and department meetings.=A0 This will give you
some idea of the current state of affairs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--

--------------------------------
I don't know how things are in NC, but I can give you some advice from=20
my experience here in Iowa. For various reasons, I've had 3 jobs in the=20
last 4 years and so it seems like all I've done is look for a job.=20
First, don't get to excited if it doesn't happen right away or even if=20
you think you've got it nailed from the interview and then they don't=20
even bother to call back. Just keep going. I would go ahead and send out=20
resumes to the schools you think you'd be most interested in now, but=20
don't think that's going to take care of it. Schools sometimes seem like=20
they don't want it known they have a job open. Contact local schools and=20
ask how they advertise jobs. I've found schools that list jobs in the=20
paper, that list them only on the school webpage, that list them only on=20
Cityline (I don't know the generic term, its a phone service that local=20
organization pay to have information available when you call a central=20
number and enter a category number), and that only contact placement=20
offices at local colleges. Do you have any friends that work there? They=20
often post jobs internally first. Also, you have to keep calling places.=20
Many places don't even bother to let you know if a position is filled or=20
if they are still interviewing, etc. Finally, you may have to resubmit=20
information when a position actually opens. Some districts make you=20
reapply for each new position, even if it's basically the same thing.=20
Good luck!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--

------------------------------------
You should apply as soon as you see the ad in the

--------------------------------------
sk the interviewers what role the library has played in the school in the
past and how they would like to see the library function in the future.=20
Then you can take off on that and=A0 talk about your skills in making this
happen.=A0 Its a good way to find out what they are looking for.

Also, ask about the budget, staffing.=A0 If they say that they are planning
to increase staffing, watch out- I know some librarians who were told this
in interviews and it never happened.=A0 Ask to see the=A0 library.=A0 If the=
show it to you, they're interested in you, if they make some excuses, your
interview may not be going well.

Take samples of some of the activities you've collaborated on with
teachers, and if possible, get a couplereference letters from teachers or
use their names for references.