Dear Netters,
One of our librarians is leaving at the end of this year. I am posting the
listing below. We are a 1st -12th grade independent school in Norfolk VA. We
have two libraries. The Cooper Library serves 1-6, the Batten Library (where
the opening is) serves 7th -12th. Batten Library is only 6 years old and has
state of the art technical facilities. We have a collection of approximately
20,000 volumes. There are three librarians and one office manager, as well
as four separate tech people. Feel free to contact me with any questions
about our program, I'll answer as best as I can.
Elizabeth Bain, Librarian
Norfolk Academy
Norfolk VA
ebain@norfacad.pvt.k12.va.us
_______________________________

Upper School Librarian Position

An execellent college preparatory  co-educational day school in eastern
Virginia is seeking a Librarian for the Middle and Upper School library for
the academic year 2002-03. The school maintains high standards, both
academic and ethical, for students and faculty, and embraces an honor system
that embodies these ideals. In addition, the school offers a coordinated
program for students, building and expanding on knowledge and experience
from grades one through twelve, encouraging responsible participation in a
variety of school activities, providing opportunities for leadership
training and facilitating interaction with the community beyond the school.
For more information about the school please visit our website:
www.norfacad.pvt.k12.va.us

Location: Urban area in eastern Virginia

Work begins: August 2002

Requirements: Master's degree. Experience strongly preferred.

Salary : Very competive with independent school salaries. Very good benefits
package.

To apply please send your resume and cover letter to:
mparker@norfacad.pvt.k12.va.us