Group -

This is a little off topic, but relates to how the library fits into the rest
of the school and making everyone's life a little easier (I hope).

Our school uses PowerSchool as it's student management program, Accent
(Sagebrush) for the library program and Meal Tracker Accuscan for the lunch
program. Currently, students have three cards to keep track of: an ID card, a
library card and a meal card. We would like to merge these three cards into one
that would be used for all the above functions.

My question to you who have done this is this: What factors should we take into
consideration as we prepare for this change? Are there pitfalls that we should
take care to avoid?

I've been talking to anyone in a position of authority about this for the last
couple of years. We finally have the software (PowerSchool and Accent) that
will allow such merges of information to take place. It seems people are
finally ready to listen and work on this in a serious way and I want to make
sure there are no "oops's" along the way!

Thank you for any help and ideas you can send my way!

Cyndi

=====
Cyndi Gates, Librarian                  Owner of Cozie, WCCC
Hutchinson High School                  (World's Cutest Chubby
Hutchinson, KS                                  Chihuahua)
cgates@southwind.net
library_cyndi@yahoo.com

"Havin' more fun than the average bear ..."

http://auctions.yahoo.com