Hi,
    It's that time again--summer vacation when I have time to reflect on the
past year and think about the next one coming.  I would like to create a
collaboration/planning form to hand out to all my teachers (K-6).  I am sure
you have all experienced the frustrating feeling when a teacher drops the
class off and as she/he "runs" away, says (quickly) "Oh, by the way, the
class needs an historical novel, or steer them in the direction of
endangered species, we'll be studying it next".  How about the teacher who
comes in when you are swamped because he/she needs all the books on bears!
Please don't get me wrong, I WANT these people to come to me, but just think
what a better job I can do if I was given some advance notice.  Sometimes I
walk the halls in the morning and check out classrooms to find out what is
happening, I even go as far as ask some responsible students.   I am
thinking about a sheet for the teachers to fill in, to inform me what is
being done and when.  I know teachers are bogged down with paper work and do
not have much free time.  Perhaps a small chart, with subject (LA, science,
social studies) a date and a topic.  Teachers would just have to jot down
one or two words.  Does anybody do this? Or something like this?.  I would
love to hear from anyone with any ideas.  I will definitely share the
Roberta Ferris
Gardnertown Fundamanrtal Magnet School Library
Newburgh, NY 12550
lady6188@frontiernet.net