A few weeks ago I asked for ideas for teaching a bilingual library class.
I've already thanked the people who responded and I'm sharing their
suggestions with you now:
Use lots and lots of props - I must have 100 + Beanie Babies and stuffed
animals that I pull out for my bilingual classes.  I'm considered "ESL" time
so the teachers want stories in English, but I use as many visuals as I
possibly can.  Also finger plays, action stories, anything where they can
join in.  Going On A Bear Hunt is lots of fun when everybody has a bear - and
it's full of verbs.
First of all, relax.

Second, be aware that most of the children will have a dual vocabulary in
English.  They will have a receptive vocabulary of language that they
understand in English.  Then, they will have a more limited spoken vocabulary
that they can use for speaking.  They will understand more than what they can
say.

Third, not everybody is at the same level.  Some children enjoy being the
translators for other kids.  It makes them feel important.

Their teacher probably wants you to speak English to them.  She is probably
counting their time with you as ESL time

Finally, there are only a few words that are absolutely necessary:

    salon classroom   (Is your book in the classroom?)
    mochilla   backpack (Is your book in your backpack?)
    casa       house      (Is your book at your house?)
    libro       book

Then, relax.  These can be some of the sweetest kids around.
I taught a full-day kindergarten class of 27 in which
only about 5 were fluent in English (I speak very little
Spanish!).  About 5-7 students knew no English.  We did
LOTS of nursery rhymes (with many illustrations that I
could point to) and songs.  We did simple, traditional
songs like Mary Had a Little Lamb, I'm a Little Teapot,
etc. so they could learn some vocabulary.  As much as
possible, I found pictures to go along with the songs
and nursery rhymes that they could color or do some
activity with, again to reinforce the vocabulary.  I
would recommend finding simple books with easy
vocabulary and lots of illustrations. Point to the
pictures as you name them.  Maybe even ask them to name
it in Spanish and you say it then you say it in English
and have them say it.  You could even make little
booklets of animals, colors, clothing, etc. (whatever
you're working on) with a picture they draw and then the
word in English and Spanish.  Good luck!
I'm currently a first grade teacher. We order from Scholastic book orders.
They very often have Spanish versions of popular picture books. I've ordered
from SeeSaw (K-1) and Lucky (1-2). They often have audio tapes of the books
as well. You might find more info at scholastic.com
Of course, these are all paperback books. Good luck!
I am assuming you have a computer in your room so I would like to suggest a
beginning CD-ROM.  It is called Leonardo's Language Bridge/Painter Bear's
Language Bridge and is from Ohio Distinctive Software.  It is a beginning
language student.  You can click on the word and it will tell you how to
pronounce it in Spanish. You can find more information at
https://vault.ohio-distinctive.com/hazel-cgi/hazel.cgi
I'm at the Intermediate elementary school, (grades 3-5.) We have ESL and
bilingual students in all grades. Some students are coming to school for the
first time.
Reinforcing basic school skills (walking in the halls, not talking when I'm
talking, care of books, expectations during story time, etc.) can take up
more time. Is there a bilingual aide that could come with the class?
In some of our more more limited English classes, I sometime have a bilingual
aide who can translate simple books for me. In others some of the students
know enough English to translate for the class. I often act out the story, or
use body language to give more meaning to words the kids might not know. I
also explain any words I think they might not know, relating them to words
they DO know.
Remember to keep the concepts basic, and use simple picture books at first.
Some of our students aren't as familiar with American culture and literature
(i.e. nursery rhymes, fairy tales, etc.) as the regular classes, so we read
some of those stories. The Little Red Hen, with some stalks of wheat that we
passed around worked well. The Gingerbread Man was also a hit. Things really
basic seemed to work the best. Repetition books ( A Giraffe and a Half by
Silverstein, for example) give them a chance to learn more words. You might
also ask the teachers what concepts THEY want you to address with the
students.
Remember hands-on things work better, with limited lecture. Be careful with
the amount of slang you use as you give directions.Most of all, enjoy the
kids. They're lots of fun.
I am a librarian at a school with a dual language program. Last year I had
K-2nd grade.  I do not speak Spanish so I had to be very animated.  I found
one book from an ESOL class to be so helpful.  It is entitled The More Than
Just Surviving Handbook by Barbara Law and Mary Eckes.   It has great
suggestions for teachers and I found it to be reassuring.  The book
recommends playing lots of games, reading repetitive books, bringing in real
objects, simplifying vocabulary, and using props and puppets to act things
out.  Many of the things that many librarians enjoy doing with primary
children.  The books stresses that playing games should be taken seriously.
It encourages using language in a meaningful way, it provides a context for
socializing and reinforcing language.  There is usually a clear repetitive
structure where words are often tied to actions. Sometimes even a very shy
student will be motivated to participate in a game like situation. Using
pictures, pocket chart activities, rhyming games, songs, and phonemic
awareness activties are all good activities for second language learners.
This book also stresses the importance of using good literature and the
benefits of reading aloud to ESOL students.  I hope maybe one of these ideas
will be useful. I realize that I am not addressing the Spanish part of the
dual language program but since I do not speak Spanish, I feel that using
ESOL strategies is my best option.  I would like to hear back regarding any
other suggestions you may receive. I could use the help.  We are expanding to
pre-k through 8th grade dual language!
I would talk with the teacher first and find out his/her expectations.  Most
of my bilingual classes expect the library to be all in English to add to
their English exposure.  they will help me translate when I ask the children
to do activities, but I see it as an opportunity to expand their English
exposure and love of books.  I also do not speak much spanish and am afraid I
would not read a spanish book properly, so I do what I know keeping their
skills and abilities in mind and working with the teacher - things usually
work out very well.  This is not the case, though with a class of older
students who are very limited in their English and I get little support from
the teacher.  That is a challenge.
Things work best when you collaborate with the teacher and share
expectations.
Good luck!