Thanks to all who contributed to this list of state books.  I really
appreciate all of your help.  The entire list is very long so I am
sending it in several emails.  Hope you all have a great summer.
Jane Mouttet. librarian
Hilltop Christian School, Window Rock,  AZ  86515
 hlibrary@westernindian.org

Alabama
 Picture Book of Rosa Parks  David Adler
 Watsons Go to Birmingham 1963 Christopher Curtis Delacorte 1995
0385321759
 Run Away Home   Patricia McKissack
 Helen Keller:  From Tragedy to Triumph Katharine E. Wilkie
 Grandmother Five Baskets  Lisa Larrabee     0943173868
 Mystery of the Midnight Dog  Gertrude Chandler Warner
 Summer Secrets   Dianne Glaser
 13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey Katherine Tucker Windham
 The Alabama Angels   Mary Barwick
 The Alabama Angels in Anywhere, L.A. (lower Alabama) Barbara Ann Porte
 Booker T. Washington, Educator of Hand, Head and Heart Graham
 Charm of the Bear Claw Necklace Margaret Searcy
 A Christmas Memory   Truman Capote
 Crazy in Alabama   Mark Childress
 George Carver, Boy Scientist  Stevenson
 I Am Rosa Parks   Rosa Parks
 Ikwa of the Mound Builder Indians Searcy
 Judy’s Journey   Lenski
 Mighty Close to Heaven  Gibbons
 One Big Front Porch   Windham
 Story of My Life   Helen Keller
 Wiley and the Hairy Man  Sierra
 Just Like Martin   Ossie Davis
 Picture Book of Helen Keller  David Adler
 I am Rosa Parks   James Haskins
 The 290    Scott O'Dell
 The Thanksgiving Visitor   (Capote)
 Send Me Down a Miracle   (Nolan)
 Walking to the Bus-Rider Blues  (Robinet)

Alaska
 Kiana’s Iditarod   Shelley Gill
 Williwaw    Tom Bodett
 Julie of the Wolves   Jean Craighead George
 Child of the Wolves   Elizabeth Hall
 Call of the Wild   Jack London
 The Eagle’s Shadow   Nora Martin
 Gentle Ben    Walt Morey
 Kavik the wolf Dog   Walt Morey
 The Bravest Dog Ever   Natalie Standiford
 Akiak     Robert Blake  Philomel 1997 0399227989
 Children of the Midnight Sun  Tricia Brown     0882405005
 Goodbye My Island   Jean Rogers     0882405381
 Go Home River   James Magdanz    0882404768
 Alaska Harvest   Elsa Pedersen
 The Coming of the Reindeer  Barbara Neelands
 Alaska     E. Joseph Dreany
 Psalty in Alaska   Ernie Rettino
 Remember the Eagle Day  Guenn Martin
 A Story to Tell   Richard Nichols
 Alaska Cat    Roe
 Alaska Harvest   Pedersen
 Alaska’s Three Bears   Shelly Gill
 Amorak    Tim Jessell
 Baby in the Basket   Gloria Rand
 The Bite of the Gold Bug  Barthe Declements
 Caribou Journey   Debbie Miller
 Circle of Thanks   Susi L. Fowler
 Count Alaska’s Colors  Shelley Gill
 The Eagle’s Gift   Rafe Martin
 Going for the Big One   Petersen
 Julie     George
 Polar Bear Journey   Miller
 Prince William   Rand
 Raven and River   Carlstrom
 Reindeer Trail    Hader
 The Secret Moose   Rogers
 The Sleeping Lady   Dixon
 Water Sky Alaska
 When the Wind Blows Hard  Orenstein
 The Wind is Not a River  Griese
 Winter Dance    Paulsen
 Julie’s Wolf Pack   George
 Toughboy and Sister   Kirkpatrick Hill
 Winter Camp    Kirkpatrick Hill
 Prince William   Gloria Rand
 How Raven Brought Light to People Ann Dixon
 The Secret Moose   Jean Rogers
 The Year of Miss Agnes   (Hill)
 Silver      (Whelan)
 Black Star, Bright Dawn   (O'Dell)
 Down the Yukon    (Hobbs)

Arizona
 Saguaro Cactus   Paul Fleisher
 Annie and the Old One  Miska Miles
 Tarantula Shoes   Tom Birdseye
 Brighty of the Grand Canyon  Marguerite Henry
 As the Crow Flies   Elizabeth Wintrop
 Big Moon Tortilla   Joy Cowley  Boyds Mills 1998 1563976013
 Young Goat’s Discovery  Arline Tinus     1878610384
 Mystery of the Lost Mine  Gertrude Chandler Warner
 Songs from the Loom   Monty Roessel
 Geronimo, the Last Apache War Chief Wyatt
 Lion Hound    Kjelgaard
 Me, Cholay, & Co.   Schellie
 The Righteous Revenge of Artemis Bonner  Myer
 Sing Down the Rain   Moreiloon
 Waterless Mountain   Armer
 By Crumbs, It’s Mine   Patricia Beatty
 Red Rock Over the River  Patricia Beatty
 The Righteous Revenge of Artemis Bonner Walter Dean Myers
 The Last Lobo    Roland Smith
 Cactus Hotel    Brenda Z. Guiberson
 Apache Rodeo    Diane Hoyt-Goldsmith
 One Day in the Desert   Jean Craighead George
 The Turquoise Toad Mystery  Georgess McHargue
 A Present from the Past   (Golio)
 One Unhappy Horse    (Adler)
 Out of Nowhere    (Sebastyen)
 Danger in the Desert    (Fields)

Arkansas
 Summer of My German Soldier Bette Greene
 Buckaroo    Betty Traylor
 Cracking the Wall   Eileen Lucas
 Falling from Grace   Ann McNichols
 Gravy on a Bucket Lid  Eddie Bowman
 Only the Names Remain  Alex W. Bealer
 The Murder of Hound Dog Bats Robbie Branscum Puffin  1982 0140375937
 Cotton in my Sack   Lenski
 Phillip Hall Likes M, I Reckon Maybe Greene
 Razor Backs are Really Hogs  Simon
 Toby and Granny and Toby Alone Branscum
 A Place to Belong    Emily Crofford
 Good Morning, Granny Rose  Warren Ludwig
 The King Boy    Judy Rhodes
 Tessa      (Steiner)

California
 Grandfather’s Journey   Allen Say
 Cat Running    Zilpha Keatley Snyder
 Island of the Blue Dolphins  Scott O’Dell
 Ballad of Lucy Whipple   Karen Cushman Clarion 1995 0395728061
 The Journal of Ben Uchida  Barry Denenberg
 Earthquake Terror   Peg Kehret
 Annie’s Promise   Sonia Levitin
 Song of the Swallows   Leo Politi
 Working Cotton   Sherley Williams
 Dragonwings    Laurence Yep
 Thank you, Mr. Falker  Patricia Polacco
 The Worry Stone   Marianna Dengler    0873586425
 Home to Medicine Mountain  Chiori Santiago    0892391553
 Carlota     Scott O’Dell
 Sequoia Scout    Brock & Bodie Thoene
 Summer Promise   Robin Gunn
 Weaving a California Tradition Linda Yamane
 Blue Willow    Gates
 By the Great Horned Spoon  Fleischman
 Chicken Sunday   Polacco
 The Mission Bell   Politi
 Tikvah Means Hope   Polacco
 Patty Reed’s Doll   Rachel K
 Secret Valley    Bulla
 Eight Mules from Monterey
 The Ballad of Lucy Whipple  Karen Cushman
 Anita of Rancho Del Mar  Elaine O’Brien
 The Black Pearl   Scott O’Dell
 Liars     P.J. Petersen
 A Jar of Dreams   Yoskiko Uchida
 Nate the Great: San Francisco Detective Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
 Grandfather’s Journey   Allen Say
 Working Cotton   Sherley Anne Williams
 Riding Freedom   Pam Ryan
 The Iron Dragon Never Sleeps Stephen Krensky
 Valley of the Moon    (Garland)
 The Case of the Goblin Pearls  (Yep)
 Cat Running     (Snyder)
 California Blue    (Klass)