Thanks again to all who contributed for this list.  I couldn't have done
this without your help.
Part 6 (final)

Jane Mouttet. librarian
Hilltop Christian School, Window Rock,  AZ  86515
 hlibrary@westernindian.org

Pennsylvania
 Christmas Cookie Tree  Ruth Hershey Irion
 Knots in My Yo-yo String  Jerry Spinelli
 The Winter of the Red Snow  Christina Gregory
 The Cabin Faced West  Jean Fritz
 What’s the Big Idea Ben Franklin? Jean Fritz
 Standing in the Light   Mary Pope Osborne
 The Egg Tree    Katherine Milhous
 Autumn Street    Lois Lowry  Dell  1980 0440403448
 Liberty Bell
 My Brother’s Keeper   Mary Osborne
 Mystery of the Lost Treasure  Ruth Moore
 Wilderness Journey   Ruth Moore
 American Girl Series -- Kirsten stories
           BEYOND THE DIVIDE   Lasky.
           Brady      Fritz
           The Bread Sister of Sinking Creek  Robin Moore
           The Cherry Tree Buck   Robin Moore
           I am Regina     Sally Keehn
           JUST PLAIN FANCY   Polacca.
           Maggie Among the Seneca   Robin Moore
           Maniac Magee    Jerry Spinelli
           Miracles on Maple Hill   Sorensen
           Night Journeys    Avi.
           Shoo-Fly Girl     Lenski
           Skippack School    DeAngeli
           The story of Punxsutawney Phil  Julia S. Moutran
 Encounter at Easton   Avi
 Willie and the Rattlesnake King Clara Clark
 An Enemy Among Them  Deborah Deford
 Brady     Jean Fritz
 This Time, Tempe Wick?  Patricia Lee Gauch
 Treehouse Tales   Anne Isaacs
 Breaker    N.A. Perez
 Good-bye, Billy Radish  Gloria Skurzynski
An Amish Year   Richard Ammon
The Folks in the Valley: a Pennsylvania Dutch ABC  Jim Aylesworth
Where Time Stands Still  Sally Foster
The Old Fasnacht   Barbara Mitchell
Tomahawks and Trombones  Barbara Mitchell
The Boy Who Loved to Draw: Benjamin West Barbara Brenner
The Egg Tree    Katherine Milhous
Voices at Whisper Bend  Katherine Ayres
The Day it Rained Forever: a Story of the Johnstown Flood  Virginia T.
Gross
The Great Gerbil Roundup  Stephen Manes
Trouble at the Mines   Doreen Rappaport
Treehouse Tales   Anne Isaacs
Growing Up in Coal Country  Susan Campbell Bartoletti.
Thomas    Bonnie Pryor
Cave-in, St. Claire, Pennsylvania, 1859 K. Duey and K.A. Bale
Dear Austin: Letters From the Underground Railroad Elvira Woodruff
Standing in the Light: the Captive Diary of Catherine Carey Logan  Mary
Pope Osborne
The Poison Place    Lyons

Rhode Island
 Something Upstairs   Avi   Avon  1988 0380708531
 Nickommoh!    Jackie French Koller
 The Art of Keeping Cool  Janet Taylor Lisle
 The Mill    David Macaulay
 Christmas Tree Farm   Sandra Jordan
 Chicken Run    Ellen Weiss
 Finding Providence   Avi
           Tomahawk Shadow    Faulkner
 The Man Who Was Poe  Avi
Rhode Island    Paul Joseph
The Mill    David Macaulay
King Philip and the War With the Colonists Robert Cwiklik
New England Village: Everyday Life in 1810 Robert H. Loeb, Jr.
Some of the Adventures of Rhode Island Red  Manes
The Art of Keeping Cool   Lisle

South Carolina
 Cast Two Shadows   Ann Rinaldi
 Hurricane Mystery   G. C. Warner
 The Secret of Gumbo Grove  Eleanora Tate
 The Keeping Room   Anna Myers
 I Thought My Soul Would Rise Up and Fly Joyce Hansen
 Miles’ Song    Alice McGill  Houghton 2000 0395979382
 Women of Catawba   Hilda Stahl
 The Bridges of Summer  Brenda Seabrooke
Southern 500    Eric Ethan
Sukey and the Mermaid  Robert San Souci
Carolina Shout!   Alan Schroeder
South Carolina   Paul Joseph
Catching the Fire: Philip Simmons, Blacksmith Mary E. Lyons
Spy in the Sky    Kathleen Karr
The Heart Calls Home   Hanson
Cast Two Shadows    Rinaldi
I Thought My Soul Would Rise and Fly  Hanson; Dear America series

South Dakota
 First Four Years   L. I. Wilder
 Boy Called Slow   Joseph Bruchac
 The Long Winter   L. I. Wilder
 Little Town on the Prairie  L. I. Wilder
 A Dinosaur Named Sue  Fay Robinson
 A Dinosaur Named Sue  Patricia Reif
 Driving Lesson   Catherine Dexter
 Grasshopper Summer   Ann Turner  Simon/Schuster  1989 0027895114
 Addie stories     Laurie Lawlor;
           Andrew Jackson    Judson
           Black-eyed Susan    Jennifer Armstrong;
           The Blind Colt    Rounds
           By the Shores of Silver Lake  Laura Ingalls Wilder
           THE CAVE     Karr;
           THE FIRST FOUR YEARS   Laura Ingalls Wilder
           Hugh Glass, Mountain Man,   Robert McClung
           My prairie year,    Brett Harvey;
           The Mystery of Edisto Island   Idella Bodie
           Prairie School     Lenski
           Rebel Seige     Kjelgaard
           Tomahawk Family    Carlson
 The Blind Colt   Glen Rounds
Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon H.A. Rey
Dakota Dugout   Ann Turner
South Dakota    Anne Welsbacher
Rushmore    Lynn Carlee
Black-eyed Susan   Jennifer Armstrong
Yellow Fur and Little Hawk  Wilma Pitchford Hays
A Year Without Rain    Love
Ghost Horses     Hill
Dust of the Earth    Cleaver

Tennessee
 Davy Crockett    Anne Ford
 Swamp Angel    Anne Isaacs
 Brown Sunshine of Sawdust Valley Marguerite Henry
 Tennessee Trailblazers  Patricia and Frederick McKissack
 Knoxville, Tennessee   Nikki Giovanni
 Wilma Unlimited    Kathleen Krull
 Sequoyah’s Gift   Janet Klausner
 When the Whippoorwill Calls Candice Ransom
 Daniel’s Duck    Clyde Robert Bulla
 A Band of Angels   Deborah Hopkinson
 The Cuckoo’s Child   Suzanne Freeman Greenwillow 1996 0688142907
 Andrew Jackson, Frontier Statesman  Judson
           Flaming Arrows, the Lone Hunt, Perilous Road  Steele
           White Bird    Bulla
 Clara and the Hoodoo Man  Elizabeth Partridge
 Come Next Spring   Alana White
Luck with Potatoes   Helen Ketteman
Tennessee    Paul Joseph
Quit Pulling My Leg! Story of Davy Crockett Robert M. Quackenbush
Come Next Spring   Alana White
White Bird    Clyde Robert Bulla
The Story of Davy Crockett: Frontier Hero Walter Retan
Listening for Leroy    Hearne
Color Me Dark    McKissack; Dear America series

Texas
 Holes     Louis Sachar
 Armadillo Rodeo   Jan Brett
 Hank, the Cow Dog   John Erickson  Puffin  1999 0141303778
 Old Yeller    Fred Gipson
 Legend of the Bluebonnet  Tomie DePaola
 Search for the Shadowman  Joan Lowery Nixon
 The White Stallion   Elizabeth Shub
 Remember the Alamo   Robert Warren
 Comanche Peace Pipe   Patrick Dearean    1556228317
 Fire on the Hillside   Melinda Rice     1556227892
 Adventures in the Big Thicket Ken Gire
 Hattie Marshall series   Debra Smith
 Johnny Texas    Carol Hoff
 Johnny Texas of the San Antonio Road Carol Hoff
 Mystery of the Alamo   Gertrude Chandler Warner
 Bubba the Cowboy Prince  Ketterman
 When Zachary Beaver Came to Town Kimberly Willis Holt
           Devil Storm     Theresa Nelson
           Don't scream     Joan Lowery Nixon
           Savage Sam     Gipson
           Switching Well    Peni Griffith
           Texas Tomboy    Lenski
 Ellen Elizabeth Hawkins:  Mobeetie, Texas 1886 Kathleen Duey
 The Treasure Bird   Peni Griffith
 Shipwrecked on Padre Island  Isabel Marvin
 David’s Search   Joan Lowery Nixon
 Canyons    Paulsen
The Armadillo from Amarillo  Lynne Cherry
Pecos Bill: a Tall Tale   Steven Kellogg
Legend of the Blue Bonnet  Tomie de Paola
Cowgirl    Merideth McGregor
The Cowboy and the Black-eyed Pea  Tony Johnston
That's One Ornery Orphan  Patricia Beatty
Caleb's Choice    Wisler

Utah
 Hostage    Edward Myers
 The Blue Between the Clouds Stephen Wunderli  Holt 1996 0805048197
 Blue Canyon Horse    Clark
           THE GREAT BRAIN series   Fitzgerald
           Me and My Little Brain   Fitzgerald
The History of the Utah Starzz Eric Braun
Dinosaur Mountain: Graveyard of the Past Caroline Arnold
Utah Jazz    Richard Rambeck
All is Well    Kristin Embry Litchman
Lost in the Devil's Desert  Gloria Skurzynski
Morning Arrow   Nanabah Chee Dogde
Journey to Topaz; a Story of the Japanese-American Evacuation Yoshiko
Uchida
The Maze     Hobbs
Moon Dancer     Rostkowski

Vermont
 Soup series    Robert Newton Peck
 A Day No Pigs would Die  Robert Newton Peck
 Snowflake Bentley   Jacqueline Martin
 The Canadian Geese Quilt  Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
 The Night the Bells Rang  Natalie Kinsey-Warnock Cobblehill  1991
05256650741
 America's Ethan Allan   Holbrook
           Captive of Pitsford Ridge   Janice Ovecka (Vt. history)
           Cave of Falling Water   Janice Ovecka
           A Horse Named Justin Morgan  Felton
           JIP: HIS STORY    Paterson, Katherine,
          Lyddie     Katherine Paterson
 As Long as there are Mountains Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
 Preacher’s Boy   Katherine Paterson
Waiting For the Evening Star  Rosemary Wells
The Wonderful Hay Tumble  Kathleen McKinley Harris
Christmas Tree Farm   David Budbill
Least of All    Carol Purdy
Sugaring    Jesse Haas
Nearer Nature    Jim Arnosky
The Great Summer Camp Catastrophe Jean Van Leeuwen
Faraway Summer   Johanna Hurwitz
Six Haunted Hairdos   Gregory Maguire
The Field of Dogs    Paterson
Witness     Hesse
Phoenix Rising    Hesse
How Tia Lola Came to Visit/Stay  Alvarez
7 Spiders Spinning    Maguire

Virginia
 Promise Quilt    Candice Ransom
 Bridge to Terabithia   Katherine Paterson
 Misty of Chincoteague  Marguerite Henry
 George Washington’s Breakfast Jean Fritz
 The Relatives Came   Cynthia Rylant
 Felicity    Valerie Tripp
 When Will this Cruel War Be Over Barry Denenberg
 Shades of Gray   Carolyn Reeder Simon/Schuster  1989  0027758109
 Charley Skedaddle   Patricia Beatty
 Felicity:  An American Girl series Valerie Tripp
 Fortune’s Bride   Jane Peart
 Shadow Bride    Jane Peart
 Our Strange New Land  Patricia Hermes
 The Starving Time   Patricia Hermes
 Appalachia : The Voices of Sleeping Birds  Cynthia Rylant
           Come Sing, Jimmy Jo   Paterson
           Flowers in the Attic    V. C. Andrews
           Silver Packages : An Appalachian Christmas Story  Cynthia
Rylant
           Stormy     Henry
           When I Was Young in the Mountains Cynthia Rylant
           Wolf by the Ears    Ann Rinaldi
 When the Great Canoes Came Mary Louise Clifford
 Park’s Quest    Katherine Paterson
 Cezanne Pinto    Mary Stolz
 Nettie’s Trip South   AnnTurner
When the Whippoorwill Calls Candice F. Ransom
Miz Berlin Walks   Jane Yolen
Chef Ki is Serving Dinner!  Jill D. Duvall
Tanya's Reunion   Valerie Flournoy
Pocahontas    Jan Gleiter and Kathleen Thompson
Nettie's Trip South   Ann Turner
Blue Hill Meadow   Cynthia Rylant
The Twin in the Tavern  Barbara Brooks Wallace
The Haunting of Holroyd Hill  Brenda Seabrooke
Patsy Jefferson's Diary  Miriam Anne Bourne
Tac's Island    Ruth Yaffe Radin
The Carving on the Tree  Elizabeth A. Campbell
Summer MacCleary, Virginia, 1749 Kathleen Duey.
The Journal of Scott Pendleton Collins: a World War II Soldier Walter
Dean Myers
Nat Turner    Terry Bisson
A Blue-eyed Daisy   Cynthia Rylant
Grandpa's Mountain    Reeder
The Ghost Cadet    Alphin

Washington
 Turtle People    Brenda Guiberson
 Our Only May Amelia  Jennifer Holm
 Volcano    Patricia Lauber
 The Last Man’s Reward  David Patneaude
 The Rain Catchers   Jean Thesman  Houghton 1991 0395553334
 Jim Bridger     Garst
           The Ghost Canoe    Will Hobbs
 Sarah and Me and the Lady From the Sea Patricia Beatty
 Daughter of Suqua   Diane Hamm
 Nightmare Mountain   Peg Kehret
 Rachel Chance   Jean Thesman
A North American Rain Forest Scrapbook Virginia Wright-Frierson
The History of the Washington Mystics Rebecca Davis
Volcanoes!: Mountains of Fire Eric Arnold
Washington Bullets   Richard Rambeck
Come Back, Salmon: How a Group of Dedicated Kids Adopted Pigeon Creek
Molly Cone
Josie Poe: Palouse, Washington, 1943 Kathleen Duey
The Likes of Me    Platt
The Moonstones    Thesman

West Virginia
 Shiloh series    Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
 Hound Heaven   Linda Oatman High
 Coal Camp Girl    Lenski
           MISSING MAY    Rylant;
 SLOPES OF WAR    Perez;
           Summer of the Swans   Betsy Byars
 The Star Fisher   Laurence Yep
When I Was Young in the Mountains  Cynthia Rylant
Pioneer Children of Appalachia Joan Anderson
But I’ll Be Back Again: an Autobiography Cynthia Rylant
Shadows    Dennis Haseley
Josie's Troubles   Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Ghosts Don’t Get Goosebumps Elvira Woodruff
Flea Circus Summer   Cheryl Ware
Crossing the Trestle    Slate

Wisconsin
 Rascal     Sterling North
 Little House in the Big Woods L. I. Wilder
 Caddie Woodlawn   Carol Brink
 Thimble Summer   Elizabeth Enright
 Protecting Marie   Kevin Henkes  Greenwillow 1995 0688139582
 Trouble at Fort La Pointe  Kathleen Ernst    1584850868
 First Farm in the Valley  Anne Pellowski
 Winding Valley Farm   Anne Pellowski
 Trouble at Wild River   Lois Johnson
           Hodag
 Roots in the Outfield   Jane Zirpoli
Farming Today Yesterday's Way Cheryl Walsh Bellville
Sootface: Ojibwa Cinderella Story Robert San Souci
Century Farm: One Hundred Years on a Family Farm Cris Peterson
On Top of Concord Hill  Maria D. Wilkes
The Elderberry Thicket  Joan T. Zeier
Shrimpboat and Gym Bags  Sheri Cooper Sinykin
Hope Was Here    Bauer

Wyoming
 Yellowstone    Carol A. Marron
 Legend of the Indian Paintbrush Tomie DePaola
 My Friend Flicka   Mary O’Hara
 Stone Fox    John Reynolds Gardiner
 Red Dog    Bill Wallace
 The Haymeadow   Gary Paulsen  Delacorte 1992 0385306210
 The Absolutely True Story of How I Visited Yellowstone.... Willow Davis
Roberts
           Dangerous Ground   Gloria Skurzynski;
           The Green Grass of Wyoming Mary O'Hara;
           Jenny of the Tetons   Kristiana Gregory;
           Little Big Man    Thomas Berger
           The Virginian    Owen Wister
 Kid Curry’s Last Ride   Warwick Downing
 A Blizzard Year:  Timmy’s Almanac of the Seasons  Gretel Ehrlich
 San Domingo    Marguerite Henry
Yellowstone National Park  Jenny Markert
Berchick Story   Esther Silverstein Blanc
San Domingo; the Medicine Hat Stallion Marguerite Henry
Absolutely True Story, How I Visited Yellowstone Park With the Terrible
Rupes Willo Davis Roberts
A Blizzard Year    Ehrlich

Resources
 35 Best Books for Teaching U.S. Regions Toni Buzzeo
 Exploring the Great Lake States Through Literature  Oryx Press
 Read Across America      Scholastic Press

 http://tuckahoe.blwd.k12.pa.us/faculty/tlh/TourUSA/TourUS.htm