Allow me to recommned a book that isn't even published yet,
and my review of it has not yet appeared in BOOKLIST. It is
Maira Kalman's FIREBOAT, to be published in August by
Putnam ISBN: 0399239537 .
It is about the Harvey, a restored fireboat that was used to
fight the fires of Sept 11, but it is also about what happened,
the before and after, and the courage of people in NYC. It is
full of hope and passion. Kalman lives in NYC, and is no
stranger to sorrow - her husband Tibor Kalman, also an
artist, died of cancer a few years ago.
GraceAnne DeCandido

Cheri Eastwood wrote on 28 Jun 2002, about TAR: Elem: Sept. 11 anniversary

> Dear LM_NETters,
>     As I see people beginning to get their ideas organized
>     for another =
> school year, I'm beginning to wonder what ideas people are
> working on = for commemorating the anniversary of Sept.
> 11th.  As school begins, it = will be here before we know it
> and I wanted to get a head start.  Many = countries were
> affected by this date's events and I'm sure more than = just
> Americans will be honoring this anniversary.  I think many
> would = like to share and develop ideas together.  It might
> even be interesting = to team up somehow. Please share your
> thoughts and I will be sure to share them with = everyone.
> =20 Please also share what titles you have found to include
> in your = collection in light of those events that you would
> recommend to others. Thank you so much!  =20 You know what
> they say - "Two heads are better than one! (or 14,000+ in =
> this case!) Cheri Eastwood Librarian/ grad student Clardy
> Elementary Library, El Paso, TX  USA cherjess@elp.rr.com

GraceAnne A. DeCandido, MLS
Blue Roses Consulting ~ Writing ~ Editorial ~ Web Content
New York City ~ ladyhawk@well.com
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html

Ten Graces for New Librarians
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/albany.html