I am currently student teaching at a high school. I will be working on some
activities to do for National Library Month. We decided to focus on the week
of April 14-20. What fun activities have you done with high school students
that have been a big hit? They can be for any holiday not just National
Library Month.

Here are some ideas we have so far...

* The librarian has purchased some pencils and bookmarks to give away as
prizes.

* Make posters showing teachers reading their favorite book. We'll black out
their faces and put the posters up around school. Freshman teacher posters
will go in the freshman hall, etc... The first student from each grade level
to correctly guess the teachers will receive a prize.

* She has already done an activity where she has read the first line of a book
on the morning announcements. The first student to come in and correctly name
the book title got a treat.

* Catch students reading. (We'll roam around school during SSR and give candy
to students who are reading).

I would ideally like to do a short activity for each day of that week. I would
appreciate any suggestions and if their is an interest I will post a hit.

Thanks!

Shannon Murphy
smm2p@mtsu.edu
Murfreesboro, TN