A middle school teacher has asked me to help her develop a lesson for 6th
and 7th graders on how to evaluate  health, medical and nutritional
websites.  I plan to create a WebQuest for this project and would love to
tap your collective expertise to help me locate a good collection of good
sites and poor sites.  We will be putting the students into teams to
evaluate sites.  Each team will probably have 4 -6 sites to look at.  There
job will be to evaluate and rank them according to how useful and dependable
the information is.  There should be at least one site in the bunch that is
totally unacceptable.

It is easy to find bad sites that are hoaxes or satires.  We don't want
anything like that.  We need sites that really do appear to be worthwhile,
but have been put together by unknown authors, or school children, or
something like that.  Sites that are very likely to fool most people.  The
good sites will be a little easier to find I hope - but if you know some
really good ones - just let me know about those too.

I will share the hits I get.  And - when the project is complete, I will be
happy to share the completed webquest.

It goes without saying - if there is already a WebQuest out there that we
can use, I would love to hear about that too.  No sense reinventing the
wheel if it has already been done!!!

TIA!

Jacquie Henry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~