I've created a web page that we use as the "jumping off point" for our
students on the Internet (Links for learning is set as our home page).
I explain that it is rather like the library.  There is a reference
section (with all the really great student directories and search
engines as well as sites for biography, atlases and almanacs), and just
as Dewey has games in the 700's we have a section of fun games for kids.

These can be used as a reward for good behavior in the classroom -- of
course it comes after the completion of work.

I haven't had much trouble yet -- but that may be more related to the
fact that not many of our teachers really use the computers heavily for
anything other than CDROMS.....

I want the library to be an exciting and fun place and being able to
read recreationally is akin to being able to use computers
recreationally - within reason -- of course.  All the game sites I link
to are in fact educational!

--
Karen McIntyre,Librarian,                      kjmcinty@net-serv.com
http://www.westmeade.net/Library/westmeade_library_page.htm

Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet