My principal has asked me to conduct a workshop for our parents encouraging
them to read to their children and to use the library. I have lots of ideas
on showing books and demonstrating how to use children's literature to
increase reading skills and comprehension. I plan to contact the local public
library to get summer program information and library card applications.
Unfortunately our school library will not be open this summer due to
construction in another part of the building. My principal has given me
permission to purchase a book for each parent. The book has to be available
in both English and Spanish (my budget is for paperback). The book will be
given to the parent to keep and read with their child. I would appreciate any
suggestions of titles(also if you have suggested activities I could share ) I
would like a fun book that the parents and children would enjoy reading over
and over.  I will compile a list and post it to the list.  Thanks in advance.

Anna Russell
Librarian
Thompson Elem
Aldine ISD