Hi folks
I am trying to access the National Geographic website using the URL given me
my Google - http://www.nationalgeographic.com - and in particular the Map
Machine section.  However, I continually get a "page cannot be displayed"
message even though I am using IE5. Even the cached site on Google is not
happening! Has the site moved or is it down or is there another explanation?

I am writing some online activities for our Yr 5/6 called Maths Across Oz
and their first task is to locate Australia on a map of the world.  Because
some of our students who are new immigrants may not be able to do this, I am
looking for a site that shows a map of the world, and if you type in
'Australia' then Australia will flash or turn somersaults or a big arrow
will say here it is or the national anthem will play or something will
happen that helps identify just which land mass is our little piece of
paradise.  If Map Machine does not do this or if it is gone for good, do you
know of any other sites that might meet my needs?

I am sending this to my favourite lists so I apologise for cross-posting.
Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher-Librarian
Palmerston District Primary School