Hi all-------

    Here is a summary of responses to my query about Adventureland Book Fairs.

None of these people have  yet completed their book fairs with Adventureland,
but their pre-fair experience seems positive. Given the recent thread about
unhappiness with Scholastic Book Fairs,  we may want those hosting these
Fairs to check in next month with how the actual Fairs went.   I believe I
also rec'd a reply from a librarian in Missouri who said pretty much the same
as the following two responses...an upcoming book fair and pleased with the
pre-fair service...but  I regret that I somehow have deleted that response.

Sandi

Sandra L. Priest-Ploetz
GLP Primary Librarian
Eden Central Schools
Eden, New York  14057
(EPLOETZ195@ aol.com)

----------

Dear Sandi--
I am planning on holding a book fair with a Texas branch of this company next
month.  So far I like the promo material that they have sent me but I can't
say
anything yet about their selection, etc.
Jane  from Arizona

Hi Sandi,
    I am trying Adventureland Books for my Book Fair the first week in Dec.
I just got really sick of Scholastic and their lack of service, as well as
cut in profit percentage. (We traditionally sell in the $10,000 range and
they cut the profit from 35% to 30%.) I've been working with a very nice
gentleman by the name of Roger.  He came to my school during Feb. break last
year so that I could preview the books.  The selection looks great.  They
offer basically the same things as Scholastic - like the posters and Wish
List program.  They DON'T offer all of the junk stuff that Scholastic was
always sending, for which I am grateful!  They will even print the parent
letter on their own paper and send it to us to distribute to the students.
    I'm really hopeful that it will turn out to be a great alternative to
Scholastic, but we shall see...    I can let you know after I run mine!

Jan from Western New York