Hello LM Netters
     Thanks to all that sent responses quite a while
ago.  Our district put on the annunal BCTLA conference
last mid-October and time was at a premium.  Finally I
have the time and energy to compile a HIT!

The question was:
 I am looking to incorporate children friendly
websites to my Alexander catalogue program.  These are
ones that a child
can go to at the search station and  learn more about
the author (gr 1 - 6 level) or perhaps do some neat
activities related
to the books

Here are the wonderful responses....thanks again to
you all, and to those who gave permission to link with
their webistes
    ++++++++++++
......the author page at the Read In website
< http://www.readin.org >   There you will find a
number of links to author
pages. I find a lot of students like the Avi page.
Also the Children's Literature website
<http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~dkbrown/index.html>...............
    +++++++++++
.........Try patricapolacco.com........
    +++++++++++
Roald Dahl's. There are all kinds of activities that
children can do. You must  have Flash installed for it
to work though.
www.roalddahl.com
    ++++++++++++
........Try this website for younger students:

http://www.ci.shrewsbury.ma.us/Sps/Schools/Beal/Curriculum/media/medialinks.html
    ++++++++++
..........take a look at my site at www.tonibuzzeo.com
    +++++++++
........  Look at Dav Pilkey, (pilkey.com) Roald Dahl,
Edward Lear.  Scholastic (www.scholastic.com) has Dear

America, Clifford and more.   Look at the  American
Girls site......
    +++++++++
........On my website http://www.rgsd.org/gibsonlib/
go to reading, then authors.  I have a bunch listed
plus sites with
more......
    +++++++++
.........Tedd Arnold has a wonderful site.  He is the
one that designed it and keeps it up.
               www.teddarnold.com ..............
    ++++++++
.........www.willhobbsauthor.com  is a good
one!.........
    +++++++
................Check out my K2 link.
< http://www.mikids.com>
Rolie Polie Olie and Spot are terrific sites!...
    ++++++++++
.........All of the sites that I have linked from my
authorlinks page at
http://www.mcelmeel.com/curriculum/authorlinks.html
fit the criteria  you list.  All of the links are
created by or for the specific author  - -not
publishers sites, or third party sites per se.  In
some cases  such as Beverly Cleary or dead authors the
sites may be by a fan but they are the definitive site
for that person.  I've checked all  external links
from their pages,
as they were at the time that I listed them.

Do keep in mind that no one can guarantee the
continuing quality of inked sites unless no links are
ever made...........
    +++++++++

=====
Elizabeth Gillies B.A., Diploma of Ed. (Library Ed.)
Teacher-Librarian
Yarrow Community Elementary School K-6
46361 Yale Rd Chilliwack BC V2P 2P9
ph:(604) 823-4408